||01-11-2009 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Nover
Yep, my ipod is in a coma at the moment. And probably forever. So the two main mp3's I'm now considering are the Sansa Fuze and the iriver clix2. I'm not gonna ask about the Fuze HERE, but I have a few questions about the clix...
1) Is it worth it for the price? I'd probably be going for the 2GB model.
2) Is it a touch screen or just a clicky-thingy? I can't tell in video reviews I've seen.
3) Would the software be Mac Compatible? I know it's Vista compatible, but what about Mac?
4) Is it good for working out in the gym and traveling?
Thanks in advance for your help!
1) Depends on what you think is worth it for that price. I'd say it is.
2) It's not a touch. It's called the D*click interface, which iriver uses on some of it's players. More info at the clix2 review: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...ix2-review.php
3) No. However, you can set the firmware on the device to MSC/UMS. This means it will appear on your computer as a drive with a letter, such as your hard drive. Then you can use iriver's plus3 software, which I believe works on a mac. Even if it doesn't, though, you can always drag and drop your music files onto the drive.
4) Traveling, yes, I'd say so. Gym, depends on what you think. A lot of people like small, wearable players (such as the shuffle, the clip, or the stone) to use in the gym. The clix2 is larger than those players, and so many people might not like it for the gym. You might, however. Try it out and see what you think.
Just a small note: the iriver clix2 is discontinued by iriver. They discontinued it in favor of the SPINN. This doesn't mean that iriver will cut support, oh no. They are still supporting it. And, you can always get help here if you need it :) .