abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   iriver clix2 (U20) (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Need a new mp3 player, and while searching, I fell upon the clix2... (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38737)

Nover 01-11-2009 09:52 AM

Need a new mp3 player, and while searching, I fell upon the clix2...

Yep, my ipod is in a coma at the moment. And probably forever. So the two main mp3's I'm now considering are the Sansa Fuze and the iriver clix2. I'm not gonna ask about the Fuze HERE, but I have a few questions about the clix...

1) Is it worth it for the price? I'd probably be going for the 2GB model.

2) Is it a touch screen or just a clicky-thingy? I can't tell in video reviews I've seen.

3) Would the software be Mac Compatible? I know it's Vista compatible, but what about Mac?

4) Is it good for working out in the gym and traveling?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Nover

Relyt 01-11-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nover (Post 318283)
Yep, my ipod is in a coma at the moment. And probably forever. So the two main mp3's I'm now considering are the Sansa Fuze and the iriver clix2. I'm not gonna ask about the Fuze HERE, but I have a few questions about the clix...

1) Is it worth it for the price? I'd probably be going for the 2GB model.

2) Is it a touch screen or just a clicky-thingy? I can't tell in video reviews I've seen.

3) Would the software be Mac Compatible? I know it's Vista compatible, but what about Mac?

4) Is it good for working out in the gym and traveling?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Nover

1) Depends on what you think is worth it for that price. I'd say it is.

2) It's not a touch. It's called the D*click interface, which iriver uses on some of it's players. More info at the clix2 review: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...ix2-review.php

3) No. However, you can set the firmware on the device to MSC/UMS. This means it will appear on your computer as a drive with a letter, such as your hard drive. Then you can use iriver's plus3 software, which I believe works on a mac. Even if it doesn't, though, you can always drag and drop your music files onto the drive.

4) Traveling, yes, I'd say so. Gym, depends on what you think. A lot of people like small, wearable players (such as the shuffle, the clip, or the stone) to use in the gym. The clix2 is larger than those players, and so many people might not like it for the gym. You might, however. Try it out and see what you think.

Just a small note: the iriver clix2 is discontinued by iriver. They discontinued it in favor of the SPINN. This doesn't mean that iriver will cut support, oh no. They are still supporting it. And, you can always get help here if you need it :) .

Relyt

Nover 01-11-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Just a small note: the iriver clix2 is discontinued by iriver. They discontinued it in favor of the SPINN. This doesn't mean that iriver will cut support, oh no. They are still supporting it. And, you can always get help here if you need it :) .

Sorry for sounding like a n00b, does this mean it's not being sold anymore?

Relyt 01-11-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nover (Post 318401)
Sorry for sounding like a n00b, does this mean it's not being sold anymore?

No, some people are still selling it. For example, amazon has the 4gig in stock (1 8gig is being sold by a person, don't know about 2gig). What it means is that iriver is no longer making new models.

bascom 02-06-2009 03:21 PM

B&H sells clix2, so does iRiver website.

vvaffle 02-19-2009 09:56 PM

iv been looking for a clix2 for a few days now and cant find an 8gb version anywhere. any suggestions?

Relyt 02-20-2009 08:22 AM

Try Advanced MP3 players. I know they had some in stock, and ship internationally.

The DarkSide 03-15-2009 03:59 PM

iRiver clix2 on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/iriver-Rhapsod...7150704&sr=8-1

kelcya 04-05-2009 05:04 PM

since the clix2 is discontinued, what is the successor? is there one?

i had an iriver clix original long time ago but now i was looking at it again. i was thinking about clix2 but it is discontinued. i know i can still buy it from ebay or amazon but is there a newer model? clix3? lol

Lagoo56 04-05-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelcya (Post 344560)

i had an iriver clix original long time ago but now i was looking at it again. i was thinking about clix2 but it is discontinued. i know i can still buy it from ebay or amazon but is there a newer model? clix3? lol

Well there is the SPINN,LPlayer and E100, the Lplayer looks like the successer to the clix2 but its a bit thicker.

Relyt 04-06-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelcya (Post 344560)

The technical successor of the clix2 (U20) is the SPINN (U30), however, the LPlayer is more similar to the clix2 than the SPINN is. (The LPlayer is the successor of the S10, incase you were wondering)

Relyt

kelcya 04-06-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relyt (Post 344795)
The technical successor of the clix2 (U20) is the SPINN (U30), however, the LPlayer is more similar to the clix2 than the SPINN is. (The LPlayer is the successor of the S10, incase you were wondering)

Relyt

Just looked at LPlayer. That thing look pretty closer to the clix versions.

SPINN looks ugly. whats with the thing to the side?

I think Im gonna look more into LPlayer if I dont get the clix2.

Lagoo56 04-06-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelcya (Post 344907)
Just looked at LPlayer. That thing look pretty closer to the clix versions.

SPINN looks ugly. whats with the thing to the side?

I think Im gonna look more into LPlayer if I dont get the clix2.

The thing on the side is the wheel that you literally spin to navigate through your files.

Irllyneedhelpyo 05-10-2009 08:42 PM

anybody know if i can uninstall the rhapsody firmware in the iriver clix 2 sold on amazon.com and make it non-rhapsody?