abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zen (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Latest Zen Firmware: 1.21.03 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39087)

833P 01-19-2009 05:24 PM

Latest Zen Firmware: 1.21.03

Quote:

This download contains an improved version of the firmware found on your Creative ZENŽ player. It ensures smooth operation of your player's FM Radio. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

Fix:
  • Ensures smooth operation of your player's FM Radio.

http://support.creative.com/Products...9&prodName=ZEN

I've loaded the firmware and everthing seems ok. Anyone hoping for new options is gonna be disappointed.
I was hoping that there would be an auto screen-off option as having to use the locked position to do this is annoying.

BobbyRS 01-19-2009 06:33 PM

That won't change 833P. This is how the Zen's have functioned for some time now. It is considered a feature and not a problem in need of correction with a new firmware release. I'm just a little surprised they even released a new firmware for the regular Zen now that the Zen X-Fi is out.

ClonZa 01-20-2009 09:07 PM

Hmm..."Wow! We still have updates! Though it's nearly useless."
C'mon, why not add FM Radio Recording?
Why not optimize the system performance?(Look,when a menu slides,the wallpaper slides too! IMO,if the wallpaper is a static object,the system would be more faster.)

EDIT:
...I updated, it seems make no difference to my zen.......

BobbyRS 01-21-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClonZa (Post 321297)
Hmm..."Wow! We still have updates!

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClonZa (Post 321297)
EDIT:
...I updated, it seems make no difference to my zen.......

....and why would it? Unless you used your FM Radio a lot and had issues, then I would suspect you wouldn't notice any difference. It would be nice to know what Creative means by "Ensures smooth operation of your player's FM Radio."

qwerty_uk 01-21-2009 09:17 AM

I use the FM radio every now and then. Have never noticed any (what's the opposite of smooth?)... jagged operation.

It would be nice if it continued to play while browsing other areas, but I doubt that's the change (I haven't tried the firmware yet).

BobbyRS 01-21-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty_uk (Post 321426)
what's the opposite of smooth?

I would say..... rough. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty_uk (Post 321426)
It would be nice if it continued to play while browsing other areas, but I doubt that's the change (I haven't tried the firmware yet).

This would be nice and well worth upgrading the firmware for.

ClonZa 01-24-2009 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyRS (Post 321406)

.... Unless you used your FM Radio a lot and had issues, then I would suspect you wouldn't notice any difference.

Trust me, there is no difference(I can not find any difference),
"smooth operation"? I cannot see the operation is smoother than before
(and the old filmware is "smooth" enough), FM Radio is a simple feature, with no animated effect, how comes "smooth" or not?

I really hope Creative can hear from us.

BobbyRS 01-24-2009 07:32 AM

Oh, don't doubt what you're saying. I haven't noticed and "non-smooth" operation with the FM Radio either. However, I do have to admit, I don't listen to it that often to really be one to compare.

Titus 01-30-2009 04:22 AM

But one thing that no one has said yet is,
since there are still updates coming, perhaps not all hope is gone for other issue's
CREATIVE, please freaking read this! Fix other things, important things!

One more thing, is it only european?
Because I like the US sound for my external speakers?

edit:
nvm i found the US firmware.
Works like a charm, although there is no change :P

BobbyRS 01-30-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus (Post 324309)
since there are still updates coming, perhaps not all hope is gone for other issue's

I have hope too Titus. :)

moshel 02-05-2009 11:39 AM

i dont even feel like upgrading the player as i dont listen to radio anyway.....i have lost all hope that creative will fix/improve the features on this great sounding player.

James93 02-06-2009 06:51 AM

Hi, my radio can't get any stations anyway..... Any suggestions?
But yeah, I don't see the need for me to get this as I don't use it anyway.

BobbyRS 02-06-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James93 (Post 326767)
Hi, my radio can't get any stations anyway..... Any suggestions?

Check the headphones. The front-end RF amplifier is usually coupled to the headphone wires to act as an antenna. Since all headphones have a ground wire, normally this ground wire IS the antenna. Maybe the ground wire isn't long enough or positioned correctly. Make sure the wires aren't coiled up and are extended and try not to use headphones with shielded wires.

James93 02-09-2009 09:12 AM

It's ok the stock headphones broke anyway :( But thanks for trying :D

BobbyRS 02-09-2009 09:58 AM

Broke away????? Perhaps this is part of the problem.

James93 02-10-2009 04:21 AM

Headphones

I said broke anyway ;):p But yeah, they stopped working in both ears

BobbyRS 02-10-2009 08:02 AM

Sorry about that. :) Yeah, I would try multiple headphones to see if you eventually get a reception.

Willz 04-17-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus (Post 324309)

One more thing, is it only european?
Because I like the US sound for my external speakers?

edit:
nvm i found the US firmware.
Works like a charm, although there is no change :P

:confused:Cool, where did you find the US firmware? I,ve searched everywhere, forever!!!

BobbyRS 04-22-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willz (Post 347972)
:confused:Cool, where did you find the US firmware? I,ve searched everywhere, forever!!!

There is a link above in the first post. ;)

freddybob 04-30-2009 06:46 AM

My Zen came with firmware 1.21.01e is there any point in me upgrading to 1.21.03?

I find my player slow to start up (20 or 30 seconds with less than half of my 16GB used). Does the .03 firmware improve this?