abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zen V (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Frozen zen v plus (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39456)

mae 01-28-2009 08:05 PM

Frozen zen v plus

Hi guys and girls,

I have not used my mp3 player for sometime. Today I wanted to listen to my music. It would not turn on. I tried to charge it -- at first it would not charge. I read somewhere I should try, the usb in the back of the cpu. It finally charged for a four hours and is fully charged. When I turn it on, it freezes on the zen v plus screen. Then I read about the recovery mode. I reset the player and entered the recovery mode and reboot it still freezes on the zen v plus screen. Should I format all? Please Help very frustrated...........:mad:

BobbyRS 01-28-2009 08:14 PM

Welcome. :) I would try booting back into Recovery Mode and doing a Cleanup before attempting a Format.

mae 01-28-2009 10:08 PM

I tried the cleanup mode. But it appears to be frozen in that mode for an 1 1/2 hours

BobbyRS 01-29-2009 09:27 AM

It sounds like you may have a possible flash memory issue. If it is freezing during a boot (showing the Zen V Plus screen) at the point of loading the firmware (which is stored on the flash memory) and when attempting to do a Cleanup, you may very well have a flash memory issue. You can try a Format as well (in case it is just a case of a severely corrupt file system), but this will erase all files that were currently stored on the Zen. If it keeps freezes during a Format too, then you most likely have a mainboard issue with the memory.

mae 01-30-2009 02:01 PM

:confused:
I formated the drive and everything seemed to go well. When I turned the zen on it froze at the zen v plus screen. So, I decided to upgrade the firmware. It looked like the upgrade was going fine until the very end --------the upgrade failed. I tried it again. It failed. When I turn on the zen, the creative screen comes on, then flashes firmware problem and goes right to the recovery mode. Next I tried the recovery tool from the creative web site. That did not work either. Now when I turn the zen on freezed at the creative screen no blue glow from the play button...
I am just about ready to throw this zen in the trash.. Any last minute advice. :eek:

BobbyRS 01-30-2009 09:43 PM

Try doing a Format twice before trying to load the firmware. If the firmware still fails, I would at least try another computer or so to get the firmware installed. Perhaps trying on other USB ports and with different USB cables.

emahaffey 06-01-2009 08:26 PM

Zen V Plus will not boot past "ZEN V PLUS" screen

I am having a similar issue. My Zen V Plus won't boot past the "Zen V Plus" screen. However, no matter what I've tried I can't get it to go into recovery mode. It just can't get past the zen v plus screen. Please help if you have any info.

gavriel 08-04-2009 03:49 AM

Frozen screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyRS (Post 323892)
Welcome. :) I would try booting back into Recovery Mode and doing a Cleanup before attempting a Format.

HI,
Can you tell me how to access recovery mode or to do a cleanup before attempting a format since the screen is frozen. Do I need to try reinstalling from beginning or something else? Gavriel