abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Samsung plan for next year (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46991)

a_tumiwa 09-04-2009 11:51 AM

Samsung plan for next year

translate using google:

Interestingly, according Clubic, Samsung will launch from next year a range of PMP in Android!
Ces baladeurs disposeront du wifi et tout comme le constructeur le propose pour ses smartphones sous Android, il sera possible de développer des applications pour ces PMP.
These players will have the wifi and as the manufacturer suggests for its smartphones running Android, it will be possible to develop applications for the PMP.

The owner of OS Samsung should live with more on this next Android family, without elaborating: dual-boot?
Une surcouche graphique ?
An overlay graph?
Voilà qui est en tout cas bien intriguant et qui positionne Android sur le marché du PMP - rappelons qu'Archos va également présenter des tablettes intégrant l'OS de Google…
That is at least intriguing and well positioned Android Market PMP - remember Archos will also have shelves integrating Google OS ...

http://mp3.generationmp3.com/wp-cont...01/samsung.jpg

translate using google:

At the launch of its new flagship Walkman Touch the "Beatplayer M1, Samsung has let go a few leaks about upcoming players multimedia brand. The opportunity for us to learn more about the strategy of "music" of south Korea.

It Hoil Daniel Kang, one of the leaders of that division from Samsung, which began to announce the upcoming release of a new firmware for its portable "Beatplayer M1. The latter will use its Bluetooth connection to send SMS or even call (the player with a microphone), provided that the device is linked with a Bluetooth phone. To recall, the Beatplayer M1 is equipped with a portable multimedia chip Tegra Nvidia, to use games or 3D tactile interfaces without jerks.

LOGO classic android
And since Samsung does not develop its next mobile kiosk software for BeatPlayer M1 - especially in the absence of WiFi, by downloading the songs of applications is impossible - Daniel Kang Hoil we specify Samsung prefers that capitalize more on the booth ... Google.

South Korea will indeed offer next year a new range of players in touch Android. And Samsung, as it does with its smartphone "Galaxy", will offer publishers to develop specific software for its players 'connected'. They did not have the SIM card but they will integrate all however, as the Apple iPod Touch, WiFi. Note that the proprietary Samsung should co-exist with the Android system on its next wave of players.

Source:
http://www.clubic.com/actualite-2978...s-android.html
http://www.generationmp3.com/

a_tumiwa 09-04-2009 11:52 AM

Latest news: Samsung MB2 is comming soon , see post #14

GTR Mclaren 09-06-2009 08:37 PM

samsung...walkman ???

EowynCarter 09-08-2009 07:23 AM

I love the concept of pmp using android.

Quitte a few of them will probably be there by the time i feel like remplacing my p3 (that would means i bought too many mp3 and overdid the 16 G limit, or battery died)

a_tumiwa 09-08-2009 01:42 PM

a few people complain samsung doesnt have Wifi, i think they will happy hear this news

Olley 09-08-2009 01:47 PM

Samsung will have to add WiFi to a player if it wants to stay competitive. They should also do something orginal with it too. The M1's only advantage over the impending Zune HD is Bluetooth. With the Zune HD having WiFi and a browser to compete with what's on the Touch everyone else will need to (should) rethink their flagship players.

lebellium 05-25-2010 05:37 AM

Here it is! :D
http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

shigzeo 05-25-2010 06:12 AM

While I appreciate the news, I think the whole... love Samsung thing needs to be taken with a bit of reality. Samsung, while a decent electronics manufacturer, have cheated, lied and stolen to get where they are. They've had people arrested for posting jokes; they sell illegal DVD/CD's, etc., and everything in South Korea is governed by them.

So every penny spent on a Samsung device makes this country more a slave. You'd have to live here to see. It isn't a game - Samsung Korea is set up as the perfect capitalist dictatorship since Samsung gets off with bribing presidents of the country, jailing opponents, and shutting Korea's economic doors.

Enjoy your Samsung stuff.

lebellium 05-25-2010 06:22 AM

Well,
I've read your other posts dealing with the same subject so I've understood for a while what you mean even if I did not reply ;)

Korea, even South Korea, is a kind of dictatorship, Internet is watched, you are obliged to sign up with your Korean SSN on almost every website, I know how Samsung is working and how they behave as I'm in close contact with them, both Samsung France AND Samsung Korea, I know all what you say.

Theorically you're right BUT in reality I cannot act like that. If I should stop buying Samsung products because of politic reasons (actually I almost never buy Samsung, I got almost all my DAP for free you know. I'm writing that post on a Vaio laptop for example, I type my messages with a Nokia Mobile Phone and I'll watch Roland Garros on a Panasonic TV this afternoon ;) ), then I should also stop buying any electronic device because they are almost all made in China where working conditions are terrible.
Being Samsung Moderator and helping Samsung DAP owners doesn't mean I agree with all Korean government and Samsung policy.
I only focuse on the product itself ;)
Hope you understand my point of view!

And do not forget you can post here! Yesterday I signed up on imp3.net, the biggest Chinese webforum about DAP. I wanted to share directly with them some UCIs because most foreign websites (even ABI!) are blocked there....

shigzeo 05-25-2010 06:32 AM

Very true. But, I am not even mentioning the embarrassing conditions which sweep factories of all major manufacturers. I am only mentioning how Samsung has ruined Korea, as a country; I am only mentioning that by supporting them, not even from a production standpoint, but by supporting anything made by them, you are contributing to the enslaving of a nation far from factories.

Thank you for giving your time here - that is noble. But Samsung are not. They are the largest company in the world for very bad reasons: far worse than any other modern large company and precisely because they have never, ever been checked.

22 people have died in the last couple of years in Korea because of chemical pollution at their internal design plants. Others are arrested for saying something bad. Still others just disappear.

The hard part IS avoiding them because they are so big. Every electronic maker in the world has something Samsung in it. Here in Korea, they account for 20% of the GDP, but taken in a larger perspective, much, much more than that as they influence the government on most decisions.

They are a fishing company, a food company, a car company, and an electronics maker on the side. However, all of that is perched on a nasty dictatorship that pretends to be clean and just. It just isn't so. Before coming to Korea, I had thought how is that possible? They are just some electronics maker - how wrong I was.

The point is that if you like music and movies, then buying Samsung is counterproductive since they supply pirates with space and buildings here. Next time I'm out, I'll take photos.

I won't make any more comments here though.

lebellium 05-25-2010 06:36 AM

Yes, better for you as I can tell you they are watching what I'm writing on ABI so they may also read your post :D
But we can talk further through PM or email if you want ;)

electron 06-04-2010 08:58 AM

I hear what you are saying, shigzeo, and it is sad :(

however, I must say that I am really excited to see this PMP...

glove4 06-04-2010 10:19 AM

I have waited for a long time to hear somebody on this forum who actually considers important the fact that these gadgets are made in miserable conditions, but a step from de facto slavery. I thought I was the only one! The whole system, however, is geared towards ceaseless profit, and so it couldn't really be any other way. It is in all manufacturers interest to keep wages as low as possible, benefits non-existent, and working conditions stifling. There is I think way too much worship of CEO's and the companies they run around here. I think it is perfectly possible to enjoy the technology being put out by the WORKERS who put them together without giving a damn about the the company, especially the parasites who run them.

lebellium 06-04-2010 12:47 PM

I'm sorry but after this long off-topic, we have to come back to the topic.

http://postfiles9.naver.net/20100603...er.jpg?type=w2
source: http://blog.naver.com/likeraser/20106995696

a_tumiwa 06-04-2010 09:50 PM

^
do you think the price will be $500 or $600? :D

i hope samsung wont equip nvidia tegra anymore, it is too expensive for someting that not too important for us

jordanwells 06-28-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glove4 (Post 475479)
I have waited for a long time to hear somebody on this forum who actually considers important the fact that these gadgets are made in miserable conditions, but a step from de facto slavery. I thought I was the only one! The whole system, however, is geared towards ceaseless profit, and so it couldn't really be any other way. It is in all manufacturers interest to keep wages as low as possible, benefits non-existent, and working conditions stifling. There is I think way too much worship of CEO's and the companies they run around here. I think it is perfectly possible to enjoy the technology being put out by the WORKERS who put them together without giving a damn about the the company, especially the parasites who run them.

I'm so glad you pointed this out too. The conditions these are made in is horrible and something must be done. As of now, we can't live without our gadgets, and this need for profit pushes us too far. In order to stop this, the value of human life has to be supported by all societies.