Could anyone explain to me how to transfer a playlist from my computer to my X-fi2 without using Creative Centrale? I use MediaMonkey as my music library.
I suppose if I could import my mediamonkey playlists into Creative Centrale then I'd be happy to do that but I'm not really sure how. It would be really helpful if someone could explain this to me.
I had the exact same problem, as i use Mediamonkey, and seems like i have finally found the way around it in this thread about the Cowon S9.
The important info:
"In Media Monkey I right click playlist and give it a name,then with the S9 connected to the computer I expand the tree view so that the music files that are in the S9 show. then left click and drag the music files into the playlist that was just named .
The last step is to export the playlist you just made by right clicking the playlist and choosing send to>export as .m3u file and navigating to the playlist folder in your Cowon S9 player and saving it in the playlist folder on the S9,you should also name the file before saving it..Safely remove the device and the playlist should now be saved in the playlist folder.There is no file duplication on the player itself using this method.I've made 5 playlists with up to 10 songs per list,have not tried more yet but it's been succesful thus far."
And works with the x-fi2!:cool:
What options are you using for MediaMonkey? I use MediaMonkey and have no problems synching playlists (and the songs in the playlist) to the player. I do not have to do any of the special steps that dashiva76 has to use.
My X-Fi 2 is set-up as a MSC device in MediaMonkey. In the device options, under the "Device Configuration" tab, I have specified the "\Music\" folder for my music, and I have checked "Copy Playlists". Under the options button, I specify the playlists go to the "\Playlist\" folder and I have the "Library Playlists" check box checked.
On the "Auto-sync list" tab, in the "Playlists" sub-tab, I check the box for the playlists that I would like to sync to the player.
My entire library is about 10 GB, so all of my music is on the player.
Using this MediaMonkey configuration, all the playlists I want synched to the X-Fi 2 are synched.
I hope this helps.
I see, your way syncs the playlist already made in the computer and transfer the files to the player (which was what Victimizer was actually asking for), meanwhile what I explained on the former post was a way to make a playlist with files already in the player but from the computer , kind of like the playlist on the fly you can do in the player, but quicker.
Thanks a lot for your explanation for the transfer of playlists with Mediamonkey, that would be helpful.
Oh, OK. I see what you mean. Now that I see the difference, that is a pretty cool tip, since creating a playlist on the fly using the X-Fi 2 can be a bit tedious.
Thanks for the tip, dashiva76!
After hours of trying - finally worked with this process:
1. As Bycicle for fun says In the device options, under the "Device Configuration" tab, I have specified the "\Music\" folder for my music, and I have checked "Copy Playlists". Under the options button, I specify the playlists go to the "\Playlist\" folder and I have the "Library Playlists" check box checked.
2. Make sure that music that you want is already in the root of the Zen
3. Make a blank playlist in media monkey and name it
4. Copy the same music that you imported into the Zen into the playlist you just made do this from the library (not directly from the Zen)
5. Right click on Zen and select Device configuration
6. Select "Auto-sync list" tab, in the "Playlists" sub-tab, check the box for the playlists that you want to sync to the player.
7. Sync device wait......
8. Have a cup of tea and a sit down (and some cake if there is some.....lovely):D
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.|