abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Download Zen X-Fi2 Games & Applications (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   Drug Wars -not for kids- (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52614)

cilmaviel 02-16-2010 11:24 AM

Drug Wars -not for kids-

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is, that first version anyway. this game does not have officially have a rating, but if it did it would probably be 17+ or mature. you've been warned, so if you download it anyway or are playing it at an in apropriate time and get in trouble, it's your own fault.:p

the in game instructions are a little sparse but the game is pretty straight forward, make money and pay off the loanshark.
here is more information...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drugwars

known issues:
text "flickers" by changing text size in the buy/sell screen.

fixed issues:
"manhattan" typo
bank deposit and withdraw - all bank transactions are now *100
traveling in endless mode

any feedback about the difficulty or changes would be appreciated.

Screenshot:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eJO78_nwX4o/S3...s/untitled.jpg

RobertsAccount 02-16-2010 11:32 AM

Nice, I love this game! I quote [from someone, I'm not sure who said it]
'It's a Classic'. :)

Idroy 02-16-2010 11:53 AM

I saw a typo ;), if you press Jet, it says in that menu: Manhatten (with an 'e') instead of Manhattan... other than that, great game :D Oh, how do i get out of the Jet menu if I accidently clicked it? Home button doesn't work, pressing the area where you already are doesn't work either.

cilmaviel 02-16-2010 12:29 PM

i added the typo to the list of issues. for now the prices get reset every time you travel. i had home as an escape but the prices would get reset ... kind of an exploit, i can add an escape in a future version too. this same thing happens when you exit the game, save it, and return, but i didn't think it would be as much of an issue just to get fresh prices.

Idroy 02-16-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cilmaviel (Post 443216)
i added the typo to the list of issues. for now the prices get reset every time you travel. i had home as an escape but the prices would get reset ... kind of an exploit, i can add an escape in a future version too. this same thing happens when you exit the game, save it, and return, but i didn't think it would be as much of an issue just to get fresh prices.

Aha, I didn't know that the prices reset each time you travel, so I tought it was a bug or something.

Adub 02-16-2010 12:48 PM

I haven't played this game in 10 years lol, classic.

matt_bracken 02-16-2010 01:01 PM

brilliant, but depositing 89,000,000 into the bank would take ages. so instead i got mugged for 30,000,000. bad times!

H0n24x 02-16-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

brilliant, but depositing 89,000,000 into the bank would take ages. so instead i got mugged for 30,000,000. bad times!
Exactly. You spend ten minutes playing and two hours depositing earned money in bank..adding another "controllers" at least for milions would be great..or you may solve this like the volume control in x-fi2 interface;)Anyway, it's a great game, reminds me hours spent in front of my cellphone playing sailing ship simulator:)thx

Tmd 02-16-2010 03:04 PM

i played it for a while and it works great :-) some sounds like in the original would be cool as well; like when you shoot, get shot, deposit money etc. Its a really fun game..i was excited when i saw it posted xd

cilmaviel 02-16-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

depositing 89,000,000 into the bank would take ages
i will make it 100* that number you choose, so the max amount at once you can put into the bank will be in the $900,000 range, i'll try to get this into the next release. the only real reason to put it in the bank though is to avoid loosing it in a mugging.

ThievingSix 02-16-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cilmaviel (Post 443186)
known issues:
text "flickers" by changing text size in the buy/sell screen. (anyone else have this problem or know what causes it?)

You need to double buffer but Creative doesn't allow writing to an image. We should rally!

fzbm123 02-17-2010 07:37 AM

hey i hav some suggestions here:

-i realise tat wen u press jet, u will not be able to press back so tat means u mus travel to another place if u accidentally press tat

-how abt u add some sound effects (eg wen police shoot at u, make a gun shot sound OR wen u buy drugs, make a cash register sound etc)

Idroy 02-17-2010 01:36 PM

Found a bug. When you play the endless mode,and you click an area to travel, a popup message comes up and says: game over: your score is 0.

cilmaviel 02-17-2010 06:29 PM

fixed the typo, and endless mode traveling. and bank transactions are now multiplied by a factor of 100. version 1.1 is in the first post.

Tmd 02-18-2010 12:32 AM

2 issues with the new version

1st no way to get guns or needs a gun or option to buy gun otherwise you can only run.

2nd when you die it gives the score then when you press home and it returns to the gun fight and your health goes into the negative

cilmaviel 02-18-2010 12:31 PM

i accidentally updated an older version of the game that had those bugs, it should be fixed now along with a few other bug when starting a new game. as for obtaining guns, when you start a new game you start with 2 for and easy game 1 for normal and 0 for hard and endless. there is a small chance that you will be able to buy a gun when you travel, but you need to have 500 in your wallet (but it only costs 400 if you buy) and you need to have at least 5 free spaces in your trench coat.

Mr Wunderbar 03-03-2010 03:52 PM

Just two issues, when you get a new highscore, instead of moving the previous #1 down it just replaces it.

also, although my friends love it, they wants moar drugs!

im no programmer, so could you make these changes? we're already hooked lol

daddycoco 03-13-2010 01:11 PM

maybe prescription pills? valium, vicodin, oxy-codon (cant spell sorry, lol) yea prescription pills..

Malink 01-17-2011 08:02 AM

Hmm, when I download this I get message "no valid content". I've managed to download some other games, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Cheers..

Habhome 01-17-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malink (Post 530520)
Hmm, when I download this I get message "no valid content". I've managed to download some other games, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Cheers..

Try downloading it again and use another extracting software, such as 7-zip.