abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Download Zen X-Fi2 Games & Applications (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   Volume control application (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52710)

delirius 02-19-2010 06:42 PM

Volume control application

2 Attachment(s)
My first app for zen X-Fi 2 is touch menu for changing volume, muting audio and changing output between phones and speaker. I learned a lot making it.

- known bug: it doesnt show correct setting in mute/unmute, but was written by creative api documentation. (any help in solving this would be apreciated)

feel free to share and modify code.

Tetrajak 02-20-2010 03:16 AM

Tested the App, it all works perfectly. Where exactly is this mute/unmute display that isn't working?

Habhome 02-20-2010 04:48 AM

I tried this app and this is my result:

I played a song and opened the app. Then I tried to (without headphones plugged in) set it to headphones. The audio disappeared as suspected. I set it back to speaker and it came back, all is well. Then I increased the volume a bit, worked, decreased, worked. I tried muting with the red button, it muted. I pressed the red again to see what happened, nothing of course. I pressed green and the sound came back, all is well. Then I pressed on the mute buttons again, I think it was the green one, and my player crashed completely and shut itself off.

I don't know if it was due to my combination of presses or something that just happened right then and was time delayed, but it crashed so there is probably something needing to be fixed, I cant determine what exactly.

delirius 02-20-2010 06:38 AM

Thanx for feedback.

I use this app myself, because volume slider is too small and not precise enough. I Got no problems so far.

What firmware version do you have? I have 1.11.01

PS.: If firmware isnt cause, than i would appreciate check from lua programmer out here. I am just learning lua now.

Habhome 02-20-2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delirius (Post 444300)
What firmware version do you have? I have 1.11.01

PS.: If firmware isnt cause, than i would appreciate check from lua programmer out here. I am just learning lua now.

I'm running the latest, not sure which one it is but I believe it's the 1.11.01?

nikc4 02-21-2010 12:16 AM

It would be awesome if you added a mono function that put both channels on both sides so that those of us who spend a lot of time with only one bud in will still hear all of the music.

chritysixty4 02-21-2010 09:52 AM

i'm brand spanking new here today and am about to install my first app, but dumb as i am, can someone explain how i install it....please?

cheers!

LordXenos 02-21-2010 10:08 AM

@chritysixty4:

1. Download the .zip file of the app
2. Extract ALL of the contents from the .zip file
3. Plug your X-Fi2 into your computer
4. Create a new folder (with the app name) in the 'Applications' folder of your X-Fi2
5. Transfer ALL of the unzipped files into the folder (with windows explorer or similar program)
6. Safely remove your X-Fi2 from your computer
7. On you X-Fi2, select the applications icon from the main menu then select the desired app.
8. Enjoy!

Tetrajak 02-21-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikc4 (Post 444491)
It would be awesome if you added a mono function that put both channels on both sides so that those of us who spend a lot of time with only one bud in will still hear all of the music.

Despite how useful this might be, I'm afraid there's no ZEN specific Lua code to change the audio output to mono. It's a cool idea though.

jnrice 03-22-2011 09:06 PM

Love it! What are the odds of making a new player interface? I drive with mine and I am just looking for HUGE play controls (could care less about what is playing), maybe let the finger swipe go to the next track? Also can't seem in figure out how to get it to shuffle all content on the player, but I just got it so...

Habhome 03-23-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnrice (Post 545089)
Love it! What are the odds of making a new player interface? I drive with mine and I am just looking for HUGE play controls (could care less about what is playing), maybe let the finger swipe go to the next track? Also can't seem in figure out how to get it to shuffle all content on the player, but I just got it so...

Not very likely to happen, we do not have access to those controls whatsoever, controlling the volume is as close as we can get, the rest we are shut out from.

Nediam Nori 06-25-2011 07:12 AM

do bass regulation

delirius 06-25-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

do bass regulation
Unfortunately, i cant. There aren't functions in api for this.

jameswalker101 06-28-2011 02:23 PM

Could you upload a screenshot?

Good app by the way, better than the fiddly slider.

delirius 06-29-2011 05:17 AM

Quote:

Could you upload a screenshot?
You are right, i totally forgot.