abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Download Zen X-Fi2 Games & Applications (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   minesweeper beta 0.6 available (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52975)

madg 02-28-2010 07:49 PM

minesweeper beta 0.6 available

4 Attachment(s)
Hi folks.
So here's my first app. First I need to mention that my last experience in programming is ten years ago. I wrote programs for my TI-83 (which is a calculator ;) ) that were not too complicatet. Now i tried to learn some .lua some days ago. That is the result so far.

Some cosmetics are still missing but the framework does what it's intendet to do. The home-button gives an error but i have no clue why. The game then may not start two or three times after it home-button-crashed but then it works again - quite confusing to me... Maybe anyone of you could help me with this problem quite at the end of the code? Shouldn't be that difficult for you.

Timer and highscore are on the list of things to do. So is the option to safemark a spot in order not to touch it accidentially.

Give me some feedback and/or help in finishing that app.

changelog:
beta 0.4 finished -- now with a marker modus (click the symbol in the upper right corner)

beta 0.6 finished --
-remaining mine counter
-show all mines when hit one
-new game button (even added the smileys...)
-nicer main menu-background and buttons

things on the list:
-open multiple fields when empty field is hit
-time counter/highscores
-sounds (although i'm not sure what sounds to use for minesweeper - suggestions are very welcome)

mustomax 03-01-2010 01:18 AM

How do we indicate mines?

madg 03-01-2010 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madg (Post 446873)

Timer and highscore are on the list of things to do. So is the option to safemark a spot in order not to touch it accidentially.

That feature is not yet programmed. I planned a button that switches between mark and uncover. I could do this.
Another rather sophisticated way to mark a mine could be touching a field for a certain time (lets say half a second). But don't know yet how to program that since i started programming not even a week before.

DanTheLegoMan 03-01-2010 06:32 AM

Cool - your application is looking good so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madg (Post 446873)
The home-button gives an error but i have no clue why.

The problem is that you have created a variable called "button" on line 33 which is now an image - which doesn't support "click". Rename your variable to something else and you should be OK.

madg 03-01-2010 07:44 AM

well... oehm

i didn't think it would be THAT easy! hooray it works ;)
thanks a lot!
I'm currently writing the marker stuff and it's close to get finished in the next two or three hours...

ThievingSix 03-01-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madg (Post 446979)
But don't know yet how to program that since i started programming not even a week before.

There is touch.hold(): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Th...ua#Touch_table

BlRadler 04-30-2010 10:20 AM

A very nice app, maybe the best!
One thing which is different from the original, that you can already hit a mine with your first click.
I don't need a sound for this game.

dawo5010 06-11-2010 06:55 AM

Sounds for minesweeper

If you're looking for some sounds then i have some.
Extracted them from a Mine Swept app (for mac):D
Sorry i couldn't upload to the forum, it was too slow, but the best i could do was in mediafire.:confused:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ykiy3mqek4k

And maybe you could include an option for classic (XP theme) or retro (Some nicer UI)

Good luck in your App! Love it!

Brett_val 06-11-2010 03:59 PM

I'm a little late to this party, but I think this is a great app! Works really fine, and although I've only tried it on the simulator, I'm sure it will work very well on the player too.

Some comments:

Your home button problem caught my eye, but then I read that it was already fixed. Maybe you'd want to update the first post, to show people the current status of your app.

Another thing I noticed is that you've included two screenshots in the application folder, as well as a copy of the zipped application. This is not really a problem but it increases the size of the download dramatically.. 355KB while the game itself is just 93KB.

One thing I really missed, was the "open multiple fields when empty field is hit" functionality, but I see you've already included that in your ideas list.
I'd like to see that implemented. I'd also like to help you with this, so if you've not already got some ideas about this I'll maybe try something out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlRadler (Post 467238)
A very nice app, maybe the best!
One thing which is different from the original, that you can already hit a mine with your first click.

I'm not sure how that is different from the original game.. I've had that happen to me lots of times, even with the Win95 version.

BlRadler 04-05-2011 11:05 AM

A timer would make the game more interesting

jameswalker101 04-08-2011 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You could make the graphics more like the windows 7 graphics