abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung M1 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   M1 Update Wishlist (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53006)

komedol 03-02-2010 03:55 AM

M1 Update Wishlist

Hi all,

Hoping that officials from Samsung are lurking around in this forum looking for inspiration to upgrade the M1, why not posting any improvement ideas for them? I use fw 1.23 (US version), and my wishlist would be:
1. Library integration between memory and SDHC
2. Bitrate visible on player's screen (or bitrate column added to Emodio, for that matter).

Any more ideas?

a_tumiwa 03-02-2010 04:22 AM

as usual , fix Cover Album problem

mrnice 03-02-2010 08:32 AM

bitrate? is that really so important..?

lib integration of the sdhc would not only be nice but essential!
and yep, the cover stuff should be fixed

lebellium 03-02-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrnice (Post 447364)
bitrate? is that really so important..?

Yes it is. It's a basic feature, easy to implement, was implemented on old models like the YH-J70 so no reason to have deleted it.
Audiophiles like to know what are the format and bitrate of the music they are listening to :)

a_tumiwa 03-02-2010 11:05 AM

2. Gapless :D

komedol 03-02-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa (Post 447314)
as usual , fix Cover Album problem

What's the problem with cover album?

a_tumiwa 03-02-2010 08:50 PM

Cover Album is no supported for FLAC file

komedol 03-08-2010 03:44 AM

I see. I don't use FLAC files so I'm not aware of the problem, hehehehe.

Another wishlist for M1: UCI theme support (just like P3). I bet it'd be awesome!

komedol 03-09-2010 10:09 PM

Another wishlist: on-screen volume control

Coolvibes 03-11-2010 09:15 PM

Cool thread and since samsung listen
here is my constribution:

- On-screen volume control (in case buttons breaks)
- UCI THEMES (create your own themes like on P2/P3)
- Remember Volume control setting
(when turn off/on it always reset volume to middle i have it always max)

- More cool "useful" Widgets

- Idtagger mp3 aplication to change mp3 tag on the fly on M1
This is useful for us that want to rename trackname or change track position
and can only do this re-tagging the mp3 on a pc using for example tag&rename or similar.
Instead of using Playlist I make my own album by tagging different songs making it a personal album with my own album art
say i want to change track possition to do this i have to re-tag the song again on pc

Come on Having IDtagging program on the fly on M1 should not be that dificult
or atleast anything that Samsung can make so you can Edit the song names and change song position

Samsung could make it so that by clicking a file and then a "EDIT" button
you can rename songname file and then drag it in the position you want
(say song is position nr.5 you drag it to position nr.1 )

- We want more Music play screens some realy good ones :)

Thats all i can think of now
Anyway the most CRITICAL updates is
1. On-screen volume controls
2. UCI themes like ps/p3 so we can make our own themes etc....

LarsMB 03-15-2010 11:33 AM

I'd be happy if the next firmware update just allowed the device to index all files correctly.

Gapless would be my next favorite, and perhaps an easier way to construct playlists via drag&drop on the device.

komedol 03-17-2010 02:19 AM

Another wishlist: support for common types of playlist file (especially .m3u)

Thotheolh 03-27-2010 06:57 AM

If Nokia could squeeze a portable PDF reader into E51 smartphones which are so slim or N900s why not M1 running off Windows CE 6 as core (it is written in the user manual for M1) ?

demonique 04-30-2010 01:00 AM

whislist

New Fans & user here.

whislist for M1:
can read PDF file dan to-do list :D

lebellium 04-30-2010 02:31 AM

Without any M1 R&D team that will be difficult:rolleyes:

a_tumiwa 04-30-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thotheolh (Post 455718)
If Nokia could squeeze a portable PDF reader into E51 smartphones which are so slim or N900s why not M1 running off Windows CE 6 as core (it is written in the user manual for M1) ?

because if they do that, the price of M1 will be crazier even though the price is already crazy right now

Fulvio 05-16-2010 07:23 AM

My wishlist:
-Changing song by pressing volume bottoms for x seconds (this feature is on my sony ericsson mobile and I love it: it's annoying to have to take my m1 from my poket if I don't want to listen the song played at the moment..)
-Some useless things like Widgets, Games, Flash, Apps and also the Shake control
-Speed improvements: the player is fast enough, but I don't like to have to wait one or two seconds when i select some things like the "now playing" display
-I'll probably add more things but I don't have too much time to think about this

komedol 05-18-2010 08:42 PM

Another wishlist: ability to add "artist" and or "albums" to playlist on the player. Right now, I can only songs to playlist by song title. I'm thinking we should be able to add the whole song collection by an artist or the whole album to the playlist on the go.

Fulvio 05-21-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komedol (Post 472047)
Another wishlist: ability to add "artist" and or "albums" to playlist on the player. Right now, I can only songs to playlist by song title. I'm thinking we should be able to add the whole song collection by an artist or the whole album to the playlist on the go.

You're right, and I'd also like being able to add different artists or albums or songs to the same "now playing" list without having to create a playlist..