abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zen X-Fi2 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Firmware Bugs/Wishes Thread (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53364)

Spewk 03-13-2010 06:24 AM

Firmware Bugs/Wishes Thread

Hey mates,
I was thinking about making a bug report thread, so we (maybe) can send it to Creative to make a better firmware for our Creative ZEN X-Fi2.
Also, we can add interesting features we would love to have on it.
I'll start:

Bugs:
- Misspelled names in Italian translation (i'm italian :))
- Drive scan really slow on reset
- Sometimes it randomly crashes

new features:
- Integration of the accelerometer in the menu
- Automatic radio names (i don't know how to explain it, but new radios transmit their names and you can see them on the display)
- Allow update of calendar and contacts without the use of Centrale.

Things which have been fixed:
- Issues with touch screen sensitivity/erratic action etc.
- Music/audio effects volume on applications (when using earphones) gets lower randomly until 0
- Coverart on FLAC missing (was maybe never missing)

Any other ideas/bugs? :)

dkstott 03-13-2010 07:16 AM

I have 2 simples wishes

#1 fix the remaining issues with the touch screen; sensivity, erratic action, etc

#2 allow update of calendar and contacts without the use of Centrale... there is a keyboard built into the unit already that gets used to make on the fly playlists.

anything more than that is a bonus for me

Dave

Habhome 03-13-2010 07:41 AM

Definitely #2 dkstott suggests, I can't understand why they'd force us to use Microsoft's software to update it.

I agree on the optional rotation of the UI also, it would definitely make it easier to shuffle through long lists of music or pictures.

I'd love a file browser also. It is possible to work around, but it is just that, it's a lot of work to assemble playlists for all your folders and such.

cyl3x 03-14-2010 10:57 AM

SD card integration?

Habhome 03-14-2010 11:31 AM

I'd love a battery info feature. So you can check the battery more precisely, and get estimations how much idle/music/video time is left on it.

Zeniwan 03-15-2010 01:23 PM

Sorry for my bad english, I'm Dutch.

You can from the micro sd card songs/movies/photos on the ZEN put, it alone is not possible from the ZEN songs/movies/photos on the micro sd card to put, that would be very useful.

ZaPx64 03-15-2010 01:27 PM

Yes, that's a feature I'd like to see as well.

Zeniwan 03-15-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZaPx64 (Post 451466)
Yes, that's a feature I'd like to see as well.

Nice, I know I've written badly, but is it read?

ZaPx64 03-15-2010 03:26 PM

Yap. Don't worry, Habhome's sig says "If you are good enough at English to apologize, then there is no need to." ;)

Brett_val 03-15-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeniwan (Post 451476)
Nice, I know I've written badly, but is it read?

Yeah it's understandable :), you can copy from the microsd card to the Zen, but not from the Zen to the microsd card?

As for the file browser, I'm afraid that's just how these players work, all my previous Zen's (Micro, Vision, now X-Fi2) only use the tag browsing.
I got used to it and playlists aren't even necessary, if you have a specific folder with music just tag them all with the same genre.

And about the album art on FLAC: I read somewhere that FLAC tags can not include images. It may be possible to link to an external image though.

Calender and contacts could be a lot easier indeed. Best thing would be to be able to edit them with the player.

Radio names: I think you're talking about RDS. Would be really nice, if it's possible.

- Music/audio effects volume on applications (when using earphones) gets lower randomly until 0
+1
- Coverart on FLAC missing (maybe it's a bug, maybe a feature)
+1
- Automatic radio names
+1
- Allow update of calendar and contacts without the use of Centrale.
+1
- Integration of the accelerometer in the menu
+1

Accelerometer in the menu would be awesome:)

Zeniwan 03-15-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett_val (Post 451520)
Yeah it's understandable :), you can copy from the microsd card to the Zen, but not from the Zen to the microsd card?

I think not

keirien 03-15-2010 04:34 PM

more system backgrounds

Spewk 03-16-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett_val (Post 451520)
And about the album art on FLAC: I read somewhere that FLAC tags can not include images. It may be possible to link to an external image though.

no, they can include it :) i use mp3tag to tag my audio files and i've tried adding some covers to my kraftwerk collection and my zen x-fi2 doesn't read it :\ duh

Brett_val 03-16-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spewk (Post 451788)
no, they can include it :) i use mp3tag to tag my audio files and i've tried adding some covers to my kraftwerk collection and my zen x-fi2 doesn't read it :\ duh

Hm your right :P just tried it.. well then I don't know why the Zen doesn't display it.

I got that information from jtclipper overhere "Vorbis comments are 100% text only by design"
But, that's a thread from 2005, so it may have changed in the meantime..

I hope it's just a bug and it can be fixed.. it's a shame that high quality audio doesn't have album art.

Tetrajak 03-22-2010 11:23 PM

Extend the custom EQ range to 3Hz - 32,000Hz; the absolute limit of human hearing

Gruffler 03-23-2010 08:38 AM

Sometimes the battery is wrong
e.g. It's displayed the half but when i reboot the player sometimes it's full

Habhome 03-23-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruffler (Post 454290)
Sometimes the battery is wrong
e.g. It's displayed the half but when i reboot the player sometimes it's full

I think that is because it calculates it from your current way of using the player. If the player is consuming a lot of power the battery will show less than if it is idle.

Brett_val 03-23-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tetrajak (Post 454213)
Extend the custom EQ range to 3Hz - 32,000Hz; the absolute limit of human hearing

Euhm I learned in biology that the limits of the human ear were 20Hz and 20Khz.
Below 20Hz you are only able to feel the vibration, which is different than hearing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habhome (Post 454332)
I think that is because it calculates it from your current way of using the player. If the player is consuming a lot of power the battery will show less than if it is idle.

True.

Tetrajak 03-23-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett_val (Post 454365)
Euhm I learned in biology that the limits of the human ear were 20Hz and 20Khz.
Below 20Hz you are only able to feel the vibration, which is different than hearing it.

True.

Perhaps this is the case, but my headphones have that range and I can certainly detect it. Either way, I want that frequency range on the custom EQ.

Habhome 03-24-2010 12:39 PM

There is a new Firmware out, so you may want to check if any of these bugs have been fixed and update the list thereafter.