abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip Rockbox (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   Rockbox: Clip v2 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53687)

tubafish 03-23-2010 06:17 PM

Rockbox: Clip v2

It looks as if the wait for all of us v2 owners is winding down.

Confirmation is about 1/2 way down the page.
Progress can also be monitored here.

The port is not functional yet - please don't ask where to get it, how to install it, etc.

Adub 03-23-2010 06:59 PM

Sweeeet closer and closer we get to mecca!

Kenaneu 03-24-2010 01:24 AM

Very, very cool news indeed. Been using my v1 clip rockboxed, with my clip+ patiently waiting in the box for a working build. I know we've still got some time to go, but I also know it will be worth the wait... Perhaps the 32gb micro sdhc cards will be out by the time clip+ gets a stable-ish build even! (maybe that's hoping for too much) :)

Marvin the Martian 03-24-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenaneu (Post 454626)
Perhaps the 32gb micro sdhc cards will be out by the time clip+ gets a stable-ish build even! (maybe that's hoping for too much) :)

Those cards are out now....for the low, low, price of $200 on the SanDisk website....:rolleyes:

clip8g 03-24-2010 02:55 AM

That is great news!

I've got an 8GB v2 Clip gathering dust. Having to make do rotating songs on my 2GB v1 Rockboxed Clip.

Marvin the Martian 03-24-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clip8g (Post 454647)
That is great news!

I've got an 8GB v2 Clip gathering dust. Having to make do rotating songs on my 2GB v1 Rockboxed Clip.

You should put the .35 update on it. It will give you ReplayGain support, which makes it a lot more usable than before.:)

clip8g 03-24-2010 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian (Post 454648)
You should put the .35 update on it. It will give you ReplayGain support, which makes it a lot more usable than before.:)

Once you go gapless and cue sheet support, you can't go back! Rockbox has spoilt us!

dca693 03-24-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clip8g (Post 454664)
Once you go gapless and cue sheet support, you can't go back! Rockbox has spoilt us!

Love the use of the word "spoilt"! I have 2 V1 Clips, but I'm always glad to see progress on all devices.

For me, nothing beats crossfade. I haven't searched around, but I would love if they got that working on the Clips.

dfkt 03-24-2010 10:49 AM

Here's a bootloader: r25316-100324-sansaclipv2-02.01.35a-dual_boot.zip - I'm not responsible if your Clip catches on fire, kicks your puppy, etc.

Fresh firmware builds can be found here: http://build.rockbox.org/data/rockbox-sansaclipv2.zip

tubafish 03-24-2010 02:36 PM

Three cheers for dfkt!

Here's to hoping that no v2's get kicked in the teeth.

marc2003 03-24-2010 03:16 PM

thanks for those links. it's working fine here on my 8gb. it's been given a whole new lease of life. :D

Rockin Munki 03-24-2010 03:43 PM

Grrr :mad: just my luck, the weekend before Rockbox gets sound on my Clip it gets wet and the battery dies. Ah well I now have an excuse to get a Clip+ (Got my first Clip 3 days before the Clip+ was announced). At least the Clip+ has sound as well now. Cheers for the great work people are doing on this, keep it up :)!

clip8g 03-24-2010 06:05 PM

Thanks for the patched firmware dfkt and the tip about transferring config.cfg and WPS across from the v1 Clip.

Kenaneu 03-24-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian (Post 454628)
Those cards are out now....for the low, low, price of $200 on the SanDisk website....:rolleyes:

Heh, yeah... "out now" is actually listed on their site as back-ordered. Looks like they just wanted to beat Samsung to the punch by "technically" releasing first. $200 is certainly steep, but that's early adopter tax for ya.

Anyhow, back on topic, I'm quite excited to pop rockbox (even in this early state) onto my clip+ tonight. Simply fantastic how quickly it's come along!

SANZA 03-24-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clip8g (Post 454664)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dca693 (Post 454716)
Love the use of the word "spoilt"! I have 2 V1 Clips, but I'm always glad to see progress on all devices.

For me, nothing beats crossfade. I haven't searched around, but I would love if they got that working on the Clips.

What is Cue sheet support and Crossfade?

epithetless 03-24-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SANZA (Post 454965)
What is Cue sheet support and Crossfade?

Look in one of the non-Clip manuals on the Rockbox site under "Playback Settings" for a description of each of those features (the Clip v1 port doesn't contain the Crossfade feature due to limited RAM, and the newer Clip manuals are currently just copies of the Clip v1 manual, so "Crossfade" is not described in any of those).

marc2003 03-25-2010 03:29 AM

i've been using this for a few hours now and it's great. many thanks to all the rockbox guys who worked on this.

my only niggle is that it doesn't resume playback on startup (i realise this is because it can't save any settings). but the other features more than make up for that. proper gapless, file browsing.....and a clock (i'm easily pleased :p). i haven't even scratched the surface of what else is possible. :)

os2k 03-25-2010 07:42 AM

Tried this on my Clip V2 last night, Everything went smoothly until the clip was trying to update the firmware - last message I got was "upgrading software" on the clip, and then nothing. Bricked.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to un-brick it?

I guess I'll just have to wait for a good deal on a Clip+...

WalkGood 03-25-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k (Post 455044)
Tried this on my Clip V2 last night, Everything went smoothly until the clip was trying to update the firmware - last message I got was "upgrading software" on the clip, and then nothing. Bricked.

I have had good success with: while clip appears dead, put hold lock on (slider switch down), hold and continue holding the center button down and attempt to connect to pc with usb cable. I've been able to establish a connection and then I removed rockbox (see rockbox.org for removal instructions, I'm not going to type it all out). Also with one of the one's that my son bricked, it took me over 4 times to establish a connection, when I gave up the last time it sat over night and I tried again the following day and it came back to life. Aside from this trick I don't have any other ideas, but have patients and allow as long as possible between tries.

funman 03-25-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k (Post 455044)

The Clip V2 will power off itself after firmware upgrade.

If it doesn't show anything on the screen when you power it on, it might mean that your model doesn't work with rockbox for some reason.

However you should still be able to boot the original firmware by holding the left button when pressing power button.

If it's powered on and crashed, you'll need to keep pressing power button for ~20 seconds to make sure it's off, or wait 1 day until the battery empties.