abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Download Zen X-Fi2 Games & Applications (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   Arcomage (v0.9.6) - added level selection (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54027)

delirius 04-05-2010 11:31 AM

Arcomage (v0.9.6) - added level selection

5 Attachment(s)
I have rewriten Arcomage in lua (Original game and graphics by 3DO)

Arcomage is fantasy card game from Might and Magic VII and Might and Magic VIII. It has been released as stand alone too.

Instructions:
You play against computer enemy. Players take turn in drawing and playing cards.
Cards have various effects for building tower, wall, changing resource generators, damaging enemy tower or wall.
Every card cost appropriate amount of "gems", "bricks" or "recruits".

At the beginning of each turn, resources are replenished.
Bricks are generated by quary.
Gems are generated by magic.
Recruits are generated by dungeon.

victory conditions:
Game ends when one of players gains target height of tower, destroys enemy tower or amass target amount of resources all 3 kinds.

Target height of tower is in this version 100.
Target resources amount in this version is 100.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcomage
http://heroesofmightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Arcomage

version 0.9.5
- added save/ load capability
- menu

current version 0.9.6:
- added tavern selection
- goals added to pause menu

currently working on:
- finishing menu
- finishing instructions
- highscore saving
- 2 more enemy ai
- (user defined rules)

Habhome 04-05-2010 11:34 AM

Some more descriptions in the first post would be appreciated instead of just links.
You could at least tell the most basic like that it is a card game and what the goal is or something.

bzdbbb 04-05-2010 11:41 AM

This is pretty kwl :) Good work.

It would be better if it had a menu, and some kind of instructions maybe. It would also be good if it was possible to read the text on the cards at the bottom, or perhaps replace the words with symbols e.g. a picture of a green brick and a +10 to mean add 10 bricks to my castle. But yeah, all in all this is fun and very addictive :)

Mr Wunderbar 04-05-2010 03:51 PM

looks cool, but im missing all the latest apps atm because I/my dad has lost my connector cable and so I'm trying to find it. I'll give it a download as soon as I can and I'll tell you what I think

Just spent the last half an hour or more playing that game. very addictive, thanks.

blikbier 04-06-2010 01:54 PM

A really Good/Great/nice game!

roX_Xor 04-07-2010 09:42 AM

Wahhhh! I love this game!

phoenix_phyre 04-08-2010 11:42 PM

I was never big into card games, but this one is very addictive. Good job, I love this game!

3vil7ree 04-09-2010 12:48 PM

How would you feel if a review of this game made it to Issue 3 of the Z-Fi2 The Picture Magazine?

If it makes you feel better, I really like the game. So all good dude

zaqwe 04-11-2010 03:56 PM

i would really like to play this game, but there is just one problem...i have no idea how to start it :) i have 3 files with .lua extension, 2 .bin and 1 .png, but no cue or something else that i can start...is there some other way i dont know(not that i know everything :D) or something that i must do to start this game?

3vil7ree 04-11-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaqwe (Post 461301)
i would really like to play this game, but there is just one problem...i have no idea how to start it :) i have 3 files with .lua extension, 2 .bin and 1 .png, but no cue or something else that i can start...is there some other way i dont know(not that i know everything :D) or something that i must do to start this game?

Dump with Folder "Arcomage" in Apps on your machine and goto Apps on your machine after its there and there you go. It will work:cool:

Habhome 04-11-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaqwe (Post 461301)

This isn't running on your computer and as such it doesn't need an executable file. The folder with the Main.lua and all is placed in the "Applications" folder on your Creative Zen X-Fi2 Digital Media Player and run from the "Applications" menu on the player via a built-in LUA interpretor.

daddycoco 05-18-2010 06:43 PM

love it

delirius 05-26-2010 03:57 PM

version 0.9.6 is out.
Added tavern selection with all their rules.

zasher 03-25-2011 01:43 PM

Does this work on Android phones? And if so how would you go about installing it on one?

Habhome 03-26-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zasher (Post 545523)
Does this work on Android phones? And if so how would you go about installing it on one?

What makes you think an application specifically written for the X-Fi2 player would work on something like Android which applications are JAVA based and not LUA?
So, simply, no, it does NOT work on Android phones. If it did you'd find it on Android Market or as an .apk file at least...

Mirwish 09-04-2011 04:31 PM

This game is awesome dude XD please finish it..and if you do you shal be awesome among men..or somin like that i dunno...

delirius 03-12-2012 03:11 PM

I did modifications to my gui library and I will be testing it with new release of Arcomage.
I am currently rewriting it to classes.

hessemon 03-16-2012 07:03 PM

Love this game!!!!!!!

delirius 03-26-2012 08:38 AM

I have finished rewriting game core to classes.
Now i have to rewrite menus.

blikbier 03-29-2012 02:02 PM

You should really make this game for android. There is one, but that one just sucks.