Bug PLUS workaround: View doesn't recognize SD card
I had a problem recently with the Sansa View, but found a workaround for it as well.
After adding some video files to the Sandisk MicroSD expansion card, the player wasn't recognizing the data from the card. It knows the card is there, but it shows that it's "empty."
Here's how to fix it:
1. Go into the "More" menu (treasure chest icon)
2. Go into "Settings/Options"
3. Go into "System Settings"
4. Scroll down to where it says "USB Mode" and go into that.
5. Select "MSC" and exit.
6. Plug in the USB cord into the computer. (It MIGHT work on the USB port in a car radio, but I haven't tested that yet.)
7. Wait for the computer to recognize the player, then turn player completely off. (hold on/off switch up for about 10 seconds)
8. Turn player on again. After about 2 minutes it should show "Refreshing Database" and it should read the SD card again.
9. Go back into "USB Mode" and select "Auto Detect." Then you're all set!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.|