abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung M1 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Poor WallpaperQuality! (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56344)

Super-S 07-19-2010 10:29 AM

Poor WallpaperQuality!

Hi@all....

sry 4 my bad english...

First of all... im lovin my new M1... but there is a thing that makes me exploding... :mad:

Ok... we got a super oled-display... but if i put a very crisp backround wallpaper... the m1 makes a copy of that with poor quality and sets it as my background... it looks so awful... aaaaargh.

what can i do?

Ive tried it with .png/jpg etc... nothing is looking like the original-file (i mean the picture-quality). With one pic i have luck... that looks very good...

anyone got an info about that?

for3st 07-19-2010 12:59 PM

Try to resize the picture to exactly: 480x272. Thats the native resolution of the screen. I get ok results with that.

Super-S 07-19-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by for3st (Post 484365)
Try to resize the picture to exactly: 480x272. Thats the native resolution of the screen. I get ok results with that.

ok results for an oled-display is not enough for me :cool: ...why not exact the same quality lieke the original? Ive tried it with 272x480 but the device makes a copy an stores it in folder skins... if i compare the both pictures, its a big difference... in quality.

Its not ok i think.... whats the prob here?

Super-S 07-19-2010 04:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
YEEEEEES :D ...i found out how to have 100% quality!!!

Make your own UCI... the picture you import in sdk for backgrounds is much better than your selected wallpaper... dont know why samsung is not using a pic directly for background... only poor copy-picture shit...

:D anyways... i got what i want...

Check this out... this is:

Use the pic for background.... look how bad is the result... after that, try the example-uci and you will see how much better it looks.

No more quality-loss... :cool: Yeap.

for3st 07-20-2010 05:42 PM

I tried and you're right: the m1 trys to downsize the image by reducing its quality (= higher jpeg compression). But I think I found a workaround:

Copy your wallpaper (size: 480x272 and moderate quality) to your pictures folder (or anywhere else). Disconnect the device and set this picture as wallpaper/background/my skin. Connect the device. Check the picture folder and browse to the subfolder "skin". Ther you'll find a copy of the wallpaper you just set. Just replace this copy with the original-good-quality one. Disconnect the device and start it: viola!

Problem is, after changing the background you have to do this procedure again.

Super-S 07-21-2010 06:22 AM

Cool... thx, i will try this ;) .

Super-S 07-21-2010 02:08 PM

It works... thx man... im happy now with it ;)

Super-S 07-28-2010 06:01 PM

Next step:

Maximum kick-ass-quality!!!!

for3st wrote:

Copy your wallpaper (size: 480x272 and moderate quality) to your pictures folder (or anywhere else). Disconnect the device and set this picture as wallpaper/background/my skin. Connect the device. Check the picture folder and browse to the subfolder "skin". Ther you'll find a copy of the wallpaper you just set. Just replace this copy with the original-good-quality one. Disconnect the device and start it: viola!

Thats good but you can also create your wallpaper... save it as a "png"-file... after that just change the extension to"jpg" ... Overall-quality is much better!!!! If you have a good source for a wallpaper... the png-fileformat will do the rest... no need to use the compressed jpg-format.

The M1 thinks thats a jpg... but its not, you have just to rename the png to jpg... so you can use maximum quality on this nice oled-dislpay!