abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung U Series / F3 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   U5 Firmware 1.57 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58441)

lebellium 10-18-2010 12:37 PM

U5 Firmware 1.57

1 Attachment(s)
A new firmware 1.57 has been released
Download

Improvement:
System stabilization

I had no problem of stability in fw 1.56 but well...why not^^

How to upgrade firmware: Download the firmware, extract the archive, put the YP-U5.ROM file at the root of your player (the root is where all main folders are: music, video, system, pictures etc...), disconnect the player. Turn it on, it will automatically upgrade the firmware. You can check the firmware version in settings>system>about.

Marvin the Martian 05-29-2011 02:51 PM

Are there different firmwares for Euro-model and USA model U5? Mine says 1.33 EU (it is the 4GB model) but the 1.57 download here appears to only contain one ROM, not two.

lebellium 05-29-2011 02:56 PM

There is a single worldwide firmware and different region codes that may be changed with the config.dat trick. But the EU and US region codes are exactly the same except that EU features the RDS for the FM tuner. So I advise you to let your U5 in EU region code so that you can enjoy the RDS when you come visit us in Europe :D

Marvin the Martian 05-30-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lebellium (Post 556304)
There is a single worldwide firmware and different region codes that may be changed with the config.dat trick. But the EU and US region codes are exactly the same except that EU features the RDS for the FM tuner. So I advise you to let your U5 in EU region code so that you can enjoy the RDS when you come visit us in Europe :D

I never use the radio on any of my players anyways.:) My main concern with the firmware was to see if there was any EU volume cap that might need to be bypassed, like with the Clip+ how you can select North America as your region.

lebellium 05-30-2011 06:39 AM

On Samsung players there is only a volume limitation with FR region code. EU, US and KR region codes have the same volume level ;)

But if you want to try and check yourself, just put a config.dat file containing:
Quote:

YP-U5
US EN MTP
at the root of your U5. Use the notepad to create this file ;)

Marvin the Martian 05-30-2011 06:42 AM

Great, in that case I'll upgrade today....thanks lebellium.:)

sebfig 09-28-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lebellium (Post 556393)
On Samsung players there is only a volume limitation with FR region code. EU, US and KR region codes have the same volume level ;)

But if you want to try and check yourself, just put a config.dat file containing:
at the root of your U5. Use the notepad to create this file ;)

Hello
How do you put this "config.dat" file using notepad at the root of the U5? It's not obvious to me

Thks in advance

lebellium 09-29-2011 03:36 PM

Here is the config file. Copy & paste it to the root, ie where all main folders are