abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zune Marketplace and Software (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   So is Zune for Mac Ever Coming Out? (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58511)

Uberman5000 10-20-2010 11:41 PM

So is Zune for Mac Ever Coming Out?

I heard that Zune for Mac was being developed in response to Windows Phone 7's Zune capabilities, and I must say that has me excited. Having to reboot my Mac into Windows whenever I want to add an album to my Zune 120 is a bit of a chore.

Does anyone know when I might see it? I'm told that Windows Phone 7 would be released on November 8, and though that might be an appealing option for my next smartphone (it's a big "might", though), if Mac Zune would be coming out on or around that date, I'd be very pleased! I hope it works on old Zune PMPs and not just WP7, as well.

Fallstar 10-21-2010 12:34 AM

In Paul Thurott's WinSupersite blog, he says:

Quote:

I wish they would make a Zune for Mac, actually, though I have to admit the potential market there is small. (Many Mac people probably have zero interest in Microsoft software.) But I know they're not making one for Windows Phone either, though there will be a Mac-based sync software solution similar to what shipped with the KIN, and made by a third party.
So for now, it doesn't appear to be in the plans. Sorry! :(

medion 10-21-2010 12:39 PM

Never trust blogs. It's in beta for Mac, and while I don't have the link, you can download the client now from some websites. The official release will be on or just before November 8th, when WP7 is officially launched in the states.

Cruleworld 10-21-2010 04:06 PM

Beta preview will be out October 24th, I haven't seen though weather or not it will work with actual zune hardware yet.

Mr. Popo 11-08-2010 08:37 PM

so will there be a way to use this with Linux?

medion 11-08-2010 09:04 PM

Microsoft likes to pretend that Linux doesn't exist. Don't expect them to ever release it for Linux.

Mr. Popo 11-09-2010 05:59 PM

of course, why would anyone care about linux. all its users are hackers anyways, they can probably figure it out on their own *sigh*

Flyordie 11-16-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Popo (Post 513169)
of course, why would anyone care about linux. all its users are hackers anyways, they can probably figure it out on their own *sigh*

Hey now.. I use Linux on my router and I ain't a hacker.

I care about it because I have to have 100% uptime and a router based on a proprietary firmware is way more buggy than an open based router.

As for my rackmount- its running Windows Server 08 Datacenter Edition with Linux VM's.

Olley 11-17-2010 04:58 AM

Anyone have an update on this? It is November 17th, and I haven't seen or heard anything about the Zune Client for macs. I know many posts on this site have been from those looking for something other than an iPod to use with their Macs. I also know that Macs as they are cause the most frequent bricking of non-apple products.

epithetless 11-17-2010 06:31 AM

This is the beta of the "Windows Phone 7 Connector (for Mac)" medion was talking about in his 10/21 post...and here's a decent video walkthrough of its functionality. Notably, it accesses the iTunes library on a Mac, but provides no real features of the PCs' Zune client (The Microsoft download page states, "This software is not part of the Zune experience. In order to enjoy the Zune experience on Mac, you will need to install a Windows OS (XP or higher). Zune delivers music and video entertainment across Windows Phone 7, Xbox Live and Windows PC’s."). The video commentator says the WP7 Connector will supposedly sync with the Zune HD, but he didn't test it. Anyone here game?

Cruleworld 11-17-2010 09:48 AM

My Zune HD was not detected by the client on my macbook pro

epithetless 11-18-2010 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruleworld (Post 514956)
My Zune HD was not detected by the client on my macbook pro

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...cepalm_224.gif

Well, I guess there's still hope for the non-beta release... :rolleyes:

Mr. Popo 11-18-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyordie (Post 514890)
Hey now.. I use Linux on my router and I ain't a hacker.

I care about it because I have to have 100% uptime and a router based on a proprietary firmware is way more buggy than an open based router.

As for my rackmount- its running Windows Server 08 Datacenter Edition with Linux VM's.

I was being sarcastic, I run Ubuntu on my ancient laptop because it runs great.