abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Walkman E Series (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Greek NWZ-E454 Volume problem (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61646)

kurro 02-27-2011 08:40 AM

Greek NWZ-E454 Volume problem

Hello there.
So i', browsing your forums for some time now and I admit I kinda lost is.
Yes I'm one of those EU buyers who got the Volume Limited Sony MP3.

I saw some members saying there is nothing you can do about the volume limitation.
On the other hand some are referring how one can enter test mode and disable things from there.

How can one enter test mode? I tried the following
Quote:

1. Goto Main Menu
2. Activate Hold
3. Press those keys:
[>] -> [<] -> [VOL +] -> [VOL ] -> [>] -> [<] -> [OPTION] -> [BACK] -> [OPTION] -> [BACK]
where i suppose "->" stands for "play", and it didn't do jack.

So can anyone type a clear way how one can enter the test mode so I can try and disable the limitation? Cause I'm an athlete, and running outside, with the wind, and traffic noise, and volume limit, doesn't pay off.

lestatar 02-27-2011 08:51 AM

Welcome to ABi...

Timing is everything: Check this post and thread - seems you have a fellow countryman with the same issue.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...00&postcount=8

The post above is from someone who indicates they may have found a workaround for the volume cap, but perhaps at the expense of radio functionality.

You are on your own with this my friend...not too many folks besides the poster above that I am aware of here have gotten this to work, or even to have tried it...

Caveat emptor...and good luck. If you decide to try it and it works, please post back. The more folks who report success with this "solution", the better it will be for others in similar EU situations.

cheers,
-les

walkmann 02-27-2011 09:12 AM

No, " -> " it doesnt stands to play its something like "then"
for exemple" press:[>] "then" [<] "then" [VOL +] .... etc

kurro 02-27-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkmann (Post 540413)
No, " -> " it doesnt stands to play its something like "then"
for exemple" press:[>] "then" [<] "then" [VOL +] .... etc

That was the things that just saved me making a phone call to the company that sold me the MP3 without letting me know about the volume limitation...

I entered the test mode OK
I changed the settings mentioned in the post above OK
The solution worked OK
I checked the radio as well and it worked OK

Cheers!

walkmann 02-27-2011 10:19 AM

So congratulations, when i try to enter the radio mine player just freezes for 15 sec ant nothing happens, but its ok cuz i dont use it ^_^.

HellasNS 02-27-2011 06:27 PM

Kuro steile m re se pm re ti akrivws ekanes kai an doyleuei to radio.

lilo 05-23-2011 09:36 AM

Radio freezes

Mine is the same. When I select the RADIO function the ENTIRE SCREEN FREEZES and the only way I can exit this is to press the reset button on the back of the unit.

So, does anyone have an answer to the SCREEN FREEZING when the Radio function is selected 'problem' they can share please??

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkmann (Post 540422)
So congratulations, when i try to enter the radio mine player just freezes for 15 sec ant nothing happens, but its ok cuz i dont use it ^_^.

Jerommel 12-22-2011 12:58 PM

Must be me, but I don't quite understand this solution...
And I don't want to mess around, ruining my player...

Is there someone who can explain the steps for dummies (like me..)?

skip252 12-22-2011 02:49 PM

Going into the Service menu is an undocumented hack. Some have reported success but when asked how they did it never posted their steps. The ones that have come back reported there were problems they couldn't correct by going back into the service menu.

That means if you decide to try this you're probably on your own. If anything goes wrong you'll be waiting for someone that hasn't posted here yet to provide a solution unless you find one yourself.

I'd take a look at the other threads on the service menu in this subforum. The thread titles will usually have the words "radio", "volume" or "test" in them.