Problems with ID3 and Ubunto
I've just moved over to using Ubuntu, and the one thing I can't get to work is my Zen.
When I plug in my Zen Ubuntu mounts the device like it would a HDD and i'm able to copy files over. However when I remove my Zen and browse my music, the files can't be seen, even though they still register as being present when i plug back in.
What i've noticed is that the files I copied over seem to loose their ID3 tags, but not as I copy them, more after I unplug and re-attach.
1. I check the ID3 tags on the files I want to copy across and they are there.
2. I copy the files to the device.
3. I check the ID3 tags of the files on the device and they are all there.
4. I unmount the device and look for the files, I cannot see them.
5. I re-plug in my Zen and check the files again, there are no ID3 tags this time.
Does anyone know why my Zen might be clearing out these tags, or what i can do to sort the problem out?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.|