Fuze+ scratched - what about cosmetics?
So recently my Fuze+ was scratched all to kingdom come and I have this nasty looking screen everytime I boot it up and screen polish does not work polycarbonate, I found this out the hard way. Now I have tried everything to get rid of the scratches: buffing with a nail rotary tool, microfiber cloth, even car scratch removal. All in all nothing works and placing a screen protector does not even bend the light enough to hide the scratches. Is there a case mod or case replacement for the player so I can at least view movies without the rainbow of scratches obstructing my view?
i also learned the hard way in the past to put protective plastic sticker thing on my screens...
I suspect in the situation, that most scratch removers will not fully do the necessary removals. The scratch removes / polishes are designed for clear coat paints on cars and are not designed to cut into the paint to remove oxidation like the old paint on the cars before the 1990s.
I've done scratch repairs on vehicles and I usually wet sand with a 2,000 grit paper. You could do this in an area a bit out of the way - down towards the bottom of the player as a trial. Keep the area moist - but, be careful not to get moisture down in the buttons, etc. Keep on sanding slowly without applying too much pressure. Then, wipe up the moisture and the fine sand / plastic particles with a paper towel. Then, use some automotive scratch remover - Meguier's, 3M, etc. With a very soft towel, keep working with small amounts of the polish and work in tiny circular motions. When done, wipe the whole area to remove any material or extra debris.
If your "test" area looks good, then move onto some other areas that are more visible to the eye - such as the viewing screen. Keep the area you work on small and focus on your work. Carefully, you'll really improve the situation and the looks of the player. You might not get it back to 100% or like it was on the first day - but, you'll be a whole lot better off than you are now.
Understanding the finish
Plastic with two layers, one color and one clear coating
If you scratch through the clear coating the scratch cannot be remover.
Fix: Clear Coat sealer
1) clean player with auto plastic headlight cleaner, don't rub too hard, let dry then buff off with Micro Cotton Towel
2) apply a small amount of automotive clear coat sealer
3) let dry for 2 hours
4) lightly buff with Micro Cloth, use small circles
5) repeat steps 3 and four to fill in scratch
6) apply screen protector film, I use clear quality packing tape with using credit card get bubbles out
note: never buff hard and don't apply very much pressure, once you wear through outer clear finish it's all down hill
Ok, I told one hard way, now the easy way...
1) Wash Hands making sure you have no gritty things on your fingers.
2) Clean MP3 Player with Purified or distilled water and 100% cotton cloth.
3) Find a good show on TV.
4) Grab Player, put your feet up
5) Hold player in one hand and with other hand use your thumb or dominate finger and start rubbing in small circular motions, with very little pressure in scratched arears.
6) Do this for two sit-coms, one reality show or a movie.
7) Lightly buff player with 100% Cotton cloth.
8) Repeat until you start seeing no progress or finish getting worse.
9) Use Auto Wax an lightly apply, then let dry for twice recommended time.
10) Lightly buff player with 100% Cotton Micro cloth.
Now have a drink, you'll need it!!!
Truth, all the light rubbing fills in the scratches, then the wax semi seals it.
Body oils can do wonders!
Warning: Never use anything but a 100% cotton colth, and don't rub the finish off.
Now the BEST method
1) Buy New Player
2) Buy Skin an Screen Protectors
3) Never use player without 1 and 2
You can also use plastic wrap or clear shrink wrap and put around player in bad weather or other most conditions, such as sweating in the Gym.
Option 4) Don't bother giving a f**k, it's a fuze+ the screen is nasty anyway, it's bad, deserved to be scratch. <whose a bad BAD fuze+! yes you! oh yes u r!!... u naughty naughty fuze.....>
This is mine, got it as 'not working' on eBay, used my Easy TV Method on it, put in a new battery then added a 32gb SanDisk type 4 Card and now it's awesome!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.|