abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zen X-Fi2 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   x-fi2 crashing (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63145)

rvb123 05-15-2011 12:19 PM

x-fi2 crashing
 
I've noticed that my player will randomly turn off for little to no reason. This happens at least once a month but seems to be more and more frequent. Can i fix this? :confused:

sYlt 05-15-2011 01:41 PM

Try taking the first 2 steps on this thread: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52875

Unless you have already done them? Does it happen while listening to music or playing? Idle or when using the player?

rvb123 05-18-2011 05:17 PM

It occurs at random moments. It doesn't matter if im listening to music running an app etc. but it seems so be more frequent when i start up SkiFree.

jbob182 05-18-2011 06:07 PM

Ah yes, someone with the same problem as me!. I had this problem for a long while though i think i still have it ( i dont play apps to much). Try reinstalling your firmware, this should fix it for a little bit. I also re-formatted mine ( i think it helped).

rvb123 05-19-2011 03:42 PM

ya i cleaned it recently so I'm gonna wait and see if that helps. Also i caint figure out how to make a play list. when i click make play list it adds the entire album not just 1 song. Not only that but i cant add songs to an existing play list.

marriedto51 05-20-2011 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvb123 (Post 554783)
Also i caint figure out how to make a play list. when i click make play list it adds the entire album not just 1 song. Not only that but i cant add songs to an existing play list.

Probably worth a new thread... But, in short...

Make sure you are looking at the list of tracks (not the album titles), tap the menu icon and choose "Add tracks"; then you can tap the ones you want and click "Yes" at the bottom.

To add to an existing play list, just load the existing list (so that it shows in "Now Playing") then do the same thing. You can then save the new list from the menu under "Now Playing".

rvb123 05-22-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marriedto51 (Post 554866)
Probably worth a new thread... But, in short...

Make sure you are looking at the list of tracks (not the album titles), tap the menu icon and choose "Add tracks"; then you can tap the ones you want and click "Yes" at the bottom.

To add to an existing play list, just load the existing list (so that it shows in "Now Playing") then do the same thing. You can then save the new list from the menu under "Now Playing".

:confused: I'm still lost. I tried that and it didn't work. When i go into the play lists it says "to create a playlist select save as playlist from the now playing context menu" if I do that the entire album is put into the playlist.

marriedto51 05-23-2011 06:12 AM

The X-Fi2 only makes playlists by saving your current "Now Playing" list. So...

Browse through your collection and "Add tracks" as I suggested above to build up a list. Then press the Home button, Music and "Now Playing". From the menu there, choose "Save as playlist".

When I do that, it saves whatever I had on the playlist at the time (whether that was a complete album, more than one album, or a collection of individual tracks).

Hope that helps!

rvb123 05-24-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marriedto51 (Post 555343)
The X-Fi2 only makes playlists by saving your current "Now Playing" list. So...

Browse through your collection and "Add tracks" as I suggested above to build up a list. Then press the Home button, Music and "Now Playing". From the menu there, choose "Save as playlist".

When I do that, it saves whatever I had on the playlist at the time (whether that was a complete album, more than one album, or a collection of individual tracks).

Hope that helps!

The problem is if i create a playlist the entire album is added like you said but i have no idea how to get rid of the rest of the songs. Its an awkward, clunky, process that I'm having trouble figuring out.

marriedto51 05-25-2011 09:42 AM

Well, you can remove tracks from the "Now Playing" screen context menu: either "Remove Track" to remove just the current track, or "Remove All".

You can also swipe left three times from the "Now Playing" screen (past star rating, and album art) to get a list of the current tracks, and then choose "Remove Track", which will let you choose several tracks and remove them all at once.

Agreed it's not that obvious: and I don't remember seeing anything about it in the documentation either.

rvb123 05-25-2011 07:16 PM

I think Ive solved my playlist problem. I need to use creative centrale. It's annoying to have to hook the player up to my computer to do so but its easier than trying to understand the awkward process the player itself uses. :)

CrystaloftheDeep33 09-28-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvb123 (Post 554614)
It occurs at random moments. It doesn't matter if im listening to music running an app etc. but it seems so be more frequent when i start up SkiFree.

This is EXACTLY what happens when I run an application while listening to music. Some days it's worse than others, meaning as soon as I start up an application the player will shut down, reboot, and go though the "Scanning Disk" bit before I can restart the player and try again. I've run through the clean-up and format process more times than I can count, but it hasn't helped the issue any. Hopefully a new firmware will be released to fix the issue, but knowing Creative's "up-to-date" support for their devices, I think I'll be waiting another year for my prayers to be answered. *sigh*


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.