Not being knowledgeable about mobile phones and stuff, can anyone give me a clue how I go about using the internet phone on the D3? I have installed Gingerbread.
This has been a mystery to all of us ever since Cowon touted the feature as part of the Gingerbread update. Tonight I finally stumbled on a solution that works, at least here in the US.
1. Set up a Google Voice account and number.
2. Download the Google Voice app to the D3.
3. Download the GrooVe IP app to the D3 (available at Amazon for $1.99 USD)
4. Connect to a WiFi network.
5. Open the GrooVe IP app on your D3 and it will walk your through how to link it to your Google Voice acct.
6. Place the the call using the GrooVe IP app.
That should be it. Just set it up tonight, so have not really spent any time testing it yet. Initial thoughts are that there are delays and the call quality is not great, but hey, it seems to work.
Or you could install the Skype Android app on the D3, it works too.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.|