abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zune Marketplace and Software (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Update 4.8 taskbar player issue (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64907)

eagle628 08-23-2011 09:02 PM

Update 4.8 taskbar player issue

I just installed the latest software update for Zune (the desktop program), 4.8 I think it was? Anyway, since then, whenever I minimize the program, the taskbar mini player appears as normal, but when I hover over it, the pop-up window displayes the artist, album title and cover art, but not the name of the song playing or the song list.

Is anyone else having this problem, and more to the point, does anyone know how to fix it?

steinburger1109 08-23-2011 09:37 PM

I don't have this problem. My toolbar player looks fine. Can you screen cap what you're getting so I can see specifically? You can host the image on imgur.com and link to it for free.

But, without being able to see anything specifically, have you tried closing and re-opening Zune, logging off/back on, restarting the system, and uninstalling/reinstalling the software?

Machiventa 08-24-2011 12:24 PM

First I would disable the Zune taskbar player then re-enable it.

eagle628 08-24-2011 09:23 PM

Mmkay, I've done everything suggested short of uninstalling/reinstalling Zune (which I'm extremely reluctant to do, since I imagine I'd have to redownload all my apps, which would suck up a fairly large portion of my limited data usage per month), and the problem remains.
An example of the problem is http://imgur.com/3eujG

steinburger1109 08-24-2011 10:44 PM

Alright, if you don't want to redownload apps, go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Zune\Applications and there you'll see a whole bunch of .zcp files. Those are all of the apps in your collection. You can move them someplace else and copy them back, if you want. ALSO, to copy them back over, you don't need to put them in the right folder, you can just drag them into the software like you do with music or other media you add to your collection. Though, if you have a limit on how much data you can transfer over your internet connection, reinstalling it may use a decent amount of data as well...

Much luck,

eagle628 08-28-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steinburger1109 (Post 570726)
Alright, if you don't want to redownload apps, go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Zune\Applications and there you'll see a whole bunch of .zcp files. Those are all of the apps in your collection. You can move them someplace else and copy them back, if you want. ALSO, to copy them back over, you don't need to put them in the right folder, you can just drag them into the software like you do with music or other media you add to your collection. Though, if you have a limit on how much data you can transfer over your internet connection, reinstalling it may use a decent amount of data as well...

Much luck,

Thanks. I'll probably wait to do that till my data usage resets for the month in a week or so, but I'll be sure to let you know how it went.

fuzzypits 08-28-2011 06:12 PM

I'm having the same issue.

Machiventa 09-07-2011 01:13 PM

Me too! Didn't check it when I posted before.

steinburger1109 09-07-2011 07:22 PM

I just noticed it too I'm going back to 4.7 I'm sorry I didn't realize that I hadn't updated when I first posted MICROSOFFFFFFT!

JSP62 09-12-2011 01:05 PM

Unless you have the Zune HD, there is no reason to upgrade the software. I know M$ all too well and their ridiculous debacles on software updates and releases. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!

Anyways, I'll stop my rant.

Good luck to those with issues.

steinburger1109 09-12-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSP62 (Post 574404)
Unless you have the Zune HD

Actually, I can't see a reason to do it unless you have a WP7... I was stupid and updated and I'm too lazy to try to downgrade without losing all my settings and whatnot.

Machiventa 09-13-2011 04:56 PM

^ if you have a Zune Pass you would be forced to update to 4.8 if you wanted to continue using it. Otherwise I'd downgrade to 4.0 where I was able to highly customize it... damn you MS!