X-Fi2 Woes (multiple problems)
I gto my Xfi2 last Friday, and overall I am not unimpressed (:S). But, I bave a few problems.
1. It randomly crashes (infrequently). Any soloutions?
2. Sometimes when I turn it off then back on again it wants to rebuild the entire thing...(like when you unplug it from the computer). I have never pressed the reset button, and when it does this, it deletes all the information on play count. Any solutions?
3. Well. The scrolliing is shit. My screen lags a fair bit when scrolling artists (maybe because I have so many) and even more when scrolling videos or albums (probably because of the pictures). The alphabet thing does help a bit, but not heaps. I keep accidentally selecting rather than scrolling. Is there any sort of a fix for this? I think I have the latest firmware.
4. Will there be any further patches/firmware updates?
5. Why can't the radio be playing in the other menus? It can play in the clock menu, right?
Thats about it. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
1: What are you generally doing at the time? More info will help. I know it's hard to say, but if you have any idea at all...
4: I'm not sure about Creative's MO as far as updates go, but they have already announced the X-Fi 3. Take it as you will.
1. Anything really. I have music on ost of the time.
4. Well that sucks.
2. It deletes the play count? Sounds like a bug, if I must say.:confused: Sometimes when I open a side menu, the menu itself will become embedded into the background until I shut down the player, which can be a nuisance when searching for photos and the like. Hopefully a new firmware update can resolve *most* of the issues that occur on these players, because the X-Fi2 is a great device and I'd hate to see people be detered from it all because of a few problems.
3. More often than not when you have a large library, lag happens. Again, I'd suggest checking the firmware, as it seemed to solve more problems than not.
4. I sure do hope so!
5. As far as I know, the radio can only be played in the Radio menu. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though. ^^
I understand scrolling is a CPU/memory intensive function. The X-fi 2 is a PMP, not a micro PC. Smooth scrolling may be beyond the capabilities of the CPU and memory in the X-fi2.
Scrolling is laggy on the X-fi2. Try scrolling with your finger tip just to the right of the album tiltes. Scrolling will still be laggy, but at least you will not make an unintended album selection.
Laggy scrolling aside, I'm still very pleased with the X-fi 2. The unit has excellent sound quality, a very good LCD display, and a good price for all that you get. I paid a lot less for my 16 gb X-fi 2 then I did a few years ago for my 4 gb Zen V plus. The only thing I like better about the Zen V plus is that it came with a lanyard so that you could wear it around your neck.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.|