abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cowon X7 (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Hard Drive Upgrade, Please Help! (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69294)

oakfan 05-14-2012 04:57 PM

Hard Drive Upgrade, Please Help!

Well I finally got around to fixing that broken X7 that I disassembled, but I have a new hard drive in it and I can't get it to start up. I originally backed up the files off of the original drive but my hard drive crashed and I lost everything.

So, can anyone upload a copy of their X7's hard drive files minus the music? hulkshare, mediafire or sendspace?

because right now I can't get it to boot past the first screen, unless anyone knows of a recovery mode I can boot into. Thanks for the help!

oakfan 05-14-2012 05:53 PM

zip or rar file should be fine, I'm so close to getting this working again :(

skip252 05-14-2012 06:35 PM

Please be patient. There's not a lot of X7 owners I see posting here so it may take a while before anyone sees this that is able to help. I see you've posted the same appeal on iAudiophile. After that I can't think of much else you can do besides wait. Give it 24 hours and try bumping this thread if you haven't gotten a response in that time.

Good luck, hope someone is able to help with this soon.

dfkt 05-14-2012 06:41 PM

The visible files on a Cowon player's memory should be automatically recreated, even after a format - they aren't really 'vital'. Maybe you should try updating/re-applying the firmware instead.

Or maybe the new hard disk you put in it is formatted to NTFS - the player expects a FAT32 disk.

oakfan 05-14-2012 07:04 PM

sorry skip, just spend all day soldering and repairing this thing, just a little flustered. :D Sadly the X7 won't boot at all, it just cycles the start up screen and doesn't connect to the computer at all. I have an external zif drive case, that's how I'm going to upload the files to the drive.

oakfan 05-14-2012 08:17 PM

Well, when I disconnect the hard drive now I can see the Flash Drive and it connects to USB, sorry everybody, I'll get this figured out

EEEBBR 06-15-2012 01:35 PM

sorry to talk take it somewhere ese but you assembled it already?
is it possible to take a picture of the hard drive and its connectors? im soon to try to fit a 1.8 ssd into that and it would be great help.

eldon 09-27-2012 10:51 AM

Hi Oakfan

I'm in the process of fixing my hard drive.

It had gotten stuck on "updating database"

I've had it over a friend of mine who is experienced with electronics. He formatted the HDD. The player now turns on, but now when I turn it on only the Flash Drive is shown. Also when I connect it to my PC only the Flash drive is shown.

Can you advise me as to what the problem is. I was thinking that maybe it was formatted in NTFSC as opposed to ExFat32. Would reformatting in that format resolve the issues? I don't want to trouble my friend until as such time as I have a clear idea as to the steps to fix it.

Do I need to search for the HDD root files as well?

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

thanks

eldon