abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sansa Fuze+ (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Did I get used one? (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69498)

mamamia88 05-30-2012 03:40 PM

Did I get used one?

I bought one from toy s us today and it came with a few podcasts and music on it. After format it's gone. Did I get a used one? It was near impossible to get out of plastic

Lagoo56 05-30-2012 03:51 PM

Might of got a resealed one that was returned.

steinburger1109 05-30-2012 03:57 PM

If you're worried about it being inferior somehow, I sincerely doubt it is.

mamamia88 05-30-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lagoo56 (Post 612468)
Might of got a resealed one that was returned.

oh well not going to waste gas to go back unless i find something wrong with it.

FreeZ5 05-30-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamia88 (Post 612466)
I bought one from toy s us today and it came with a few podcasts and music on it. After format it's gone. Did I get a used one? It was near impossible to get out of plastic

Not very many people here have bought a Fuze+. All of the Sansa players that I have (Clip, Fuze, Clip+, Clip Zip) came from the factory with music on them. Don't recall seeing podcasts but I probably never looked. Formatting would remove them. Sealed in plastic sounds like a new factory one.

Steve

Lagoo56 05-30-2012 04:47 PM

If all of the DAPs come with music on them from the factory,there could be a possibility that some other stuff might of been accidentally added onto the players. Just like some toys are programmed the wrong way,I remember a doll that used to curse lol

Tapeworm 05-30-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

I seriously doubt it. As mentioned, all the Sansa players come with sample songs, and those models with the capabilities, also have sample pictures and videos on them too.

Formatting will clear all this factory-installed gobblety-gook (which btw is transferred to the player in MTP mode if you want to copy and save it for some reason) from the memory to clear up space for your own gobblety-gook. :p

-----------------

Edit: It's so nice to be able to type "gobblety-gook" without having the forum's smut/offense filter **bleep** it out like on another forum (which shall remain nameless, but many here also frequent that one too, so they know what/where I'm talking about). Hell, you can't even say the nick-name for Richard because it thinks you're referring to a certain male anatomy appendage. Attempting to post the news of Dick Clark's death was a PITA! :D

Marvin the Martian 05-30-2012 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinburger1109 (Post 612469)
If you're worried about it being inferior somehow, I sincerely doubt it is.

Are you forgetting that it is a Fuze+? Attachment 11787;)

bikertrash 05-31-2012 01:44 AM

my latest clip zip that I bought from Amazon had a podcast on it as well as some music. I just ditched the podcast, didn't consider it was used, just a demo podcast, I forget what it was. I bought it about 4 months ago.

WalkGood 05-31-2012 06:04 AM

Not only do Sansas come with sample files, my cowon i9 came with music, video and some other files. Besides, it's not legal to sell used or refurbished without stating so.

Enigmatic 06-02-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

You got a new Fuze+. SanDisk should win an award for the most-difficult-to-remove-an-MP3-player-from-the-packaging design. My new Fuze+ also came with podcasts, music, videos, and pictures.