abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Player Series (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   ERROR: not enough memory (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70963)

fatcat28037 10-27-2012 03:11 PM

ERROR: not enough memory
 
I just purchased a Galaxy 4 and loaded a pile of music using Media Player sync mode. all the music went to the "USB storage" which I assume is the 8gb internal memory. I did add a 32gb SDHD however nothing was loaded to it. Sync loaded up the 8gb and then gave me an error message that there wasn't enough memory to load the rest of my music. The "SD card & device storage" screen tells me I have 1.14mb of USB storage left. Now when I touch the "Music" icon on the home page I get the error "not enough memory" consequently I can't get to the music folder to delete files so I will have enough memory.

I've searched this forum, the Samsung support website & the manual and haven't found anything that helps.

Should I reformat the USB storage or will that also delete the operating system?

How can I direct data, music, photos...etc. to the SD card so I can keep the 8gb internal memory free for running web searches, apps...etc.

Thanks for any help ya'll can provide.

Marvin the Martian 10-27-2012 03:22 PM

Don't use Media Player sync mode. Use Mass Storage, and just direct all your music to the external card. If you disconnect, switch to Mass Storage, and then reconnect, you should be able to access that internal memory and clear it.

fatcat28037 10-27-2012 03:42 PM

Thanks for the quick response Marvin.

Question.......how do I switch to "mass storage"?

Marvin the Martian 10-27-2012 03:51 PM

Look in "Wireless and Network" and in there I think you should see a submenu titled "USB settings".

I say "I think" because my SGP has a custom ROM installed and has for quite a while.....so I'm trying to remember how it would all look in stock configuration. I'm sure someone else here can verify that.

fatcat28037 10-27-2012 04:23 PM

Your memory serves you well. I set theUSB setting to Mass Storage but I still get the "not enough memory" error when I try to access my music.

Do you know that if I reformat the USB storage will I loose the operating system?

I don't care about the music I have it all On a hard drive.

Marvin the Martian 10-27-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 (Post 625084)
Your memory serves you well. I set theUSB setting to Mass Storage but I still get the "not enough memory" error when I try to access my music.

Do you know that if I reformat the USB storage will I loose the operating system?

I don't care about the music I have it all On a hard drive.

How are you trying to access it? If you are connected to your computer in Mass Storage mode, you should be able to access it via Windows Explorer as a removable drive, and simply ctrl-A to select all, and then delete it.

fatcat28037 10-27-2012 05:00 PM

Thanks, that worked. Now to load music to the SD card can I set the player to mass storage, open the sd card with Explorer and drag and drop music files from my computer?

Marvin the Martian 10-27-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 (Post 625091)
Thanks, that worked. Now to load music to the SD card can I set the player to mass storage, open the sd card with Explorer and drag and drop music files from my computer?

Yes....that is what I do.

fatcat28037 10-27-2012 06:37 PM

Marvin Thanks for all your help. It's guys like you that make this forum Great.

PS....I have an E11 also.

Marvin the Martian 10-27-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 (Post 625098)
Marvin Thanks for all your help. It's guys like you that make this forum Great.

PS....I have an E11 also.

Glad I could help.:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.