abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Samsung Galaxy Player Series (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   YP-G70 doesn't turn on anymore (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71533)

Flarecinder 01-14-2013 11:20 AM

YP-G70 doesn't turn on anymore

Hey. I'm having problems with my YP-G70. Last night, it was low on battery so I plugged it in and turned the power off. Then I remembered that I needed to check one thing so I tried to turn it back on. Didn't do anything. I figured it ran out of juice so I went to bed. Today, after like 15 hours of recharging, I can't still turn it on. Going to download and recovery mode doesn't work at all too. The device is not modded or anything, just your average Samsung with some apps on it.

Is it possible for batteries to die out completely so they can't be recharged anymore? Another guess of mine is that it just needs to be recharged more.

AEVAREX 01-14-2013 05:44 PM

Acording to your post you plugged the player in and then tried to power on. This can not be done. While plugged in pressing the power button should show large green battery of percentage of charge. You must remove the usb plug to power on.
If while plugged in you do not get the large battery display something is not right.

brosko 01-14-2013 06:29 PM

you do not have to remove the plug to power it on. just push and hold the power button for an extra couple of seconds (green battery screen goes away and it powers on) i do this with mine every morning. but you should definitely have the green battery icon when it is powered off and plugged in. if you dont than i agree something is wrong.

AEVAREX 01-14-2013 07:32 PM

Sorry about the mis-information. Brosko is right. Guess I never held the button that couple extra seconds. Thanks Brosko.

Flarecinder 01-15-2013 07:51 AM

Okay, I kind of figured it out. It didn't recharge at all because the plug was pretty damaged and doesn't work always. Better get a new one.

brosko 01-15-2013 02:56 PM

ya you got lucky it wasnt something worse than that.

Flarecinder 01-16-2013 07:34 AM

Okay, I have another problem now. The player still refuses to turn on unless you wait for a day or two while supposedly keeping it recharged. Does it like empty all of its juice when I turn it off? Seems like that.

The default browser also kept crashing, which is why I turned off the the player completely and tried to turn it back on.
Is it even possible to change YP-G70's battery? The back cover seems to be unremovable, although there seems to be some sort of screw in the MicroSD port or whatever it is.

Regicidal 01-19-2013 09:30 PM

The battery isnt replaceable unless you have some pretty advanced soldering skills. I had the turning on problem for a while but leaving it turned off plugged in for a couple days seemed to solve it. Dont sweat it, just give her some time. Sammy always comes around right before you're about to smash it against a wall.

Flarecinder 01-22-2013 02:09 PM

Okay, now I'm unable to delete files at all. Formatting doesn't help.

alljokingaside 01-22-2013 09:05 PM

ok- what do you mean, exactly, when you say you can't delete files?
are you on a custom ROM/kernel? if so, which? // are you rooted?
if so, did you do anything to the root folder that you can think of?
if so, do you have a backup? perhaps the incident with the battery corrupted crucial files?

have you always had issues with the battery?
how long have you had this device?