abi>>forums

abi>>forums (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/index.php)
-   Zen X-Fi2 Applications & Development (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Developing firmware for X-Fi2 (Rockbox, etc.) (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71624)

saratoga 10-20-2011 10:26 PM

Developing firmware for X-Fi2 (Rockbox, etc.)
 
Don't know if anyone is still interested in X-Fi2 development, but the bootloader encryption key is now known, so its possible to develop firmware for the device.

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,23563.0.html

Might be of interest to some people here.

saratoga 04-01-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saratoga (Post 580561)
Don't know if anyone is still interested in X-Fi2 development, but the bootloader encryption key is now known, so its possible to develop firmware for the device.

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,23563.0.html

Might be of interest to some people here.

Apparently the player is very similar to the Fuze+, and things like screen and touch sensor are mostly working.

saratoga 01-26-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saratoga (Post 605296)
Apparently the player is very similar to the Fuze+, and things like screen and touch sensor are mostly working.

There is now a working port for the XFi2, although it requires installing onto an SD card as the internal NAND storage is not usable.

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CreativeZENXFi2Port

Habhome 01-28-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saratoga (Post 630790)
There is now a working port for the XFi2, although it requires installing onto an SD card as the internal NAND storage is not usable.

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/CreativeZENXFi2Port

Ooh! Interesting! Might try on my device some day. I think this deserves its own thread so it's easier to notice.

jbob182 01-29-2013 09:21 PM

You can determine your Zen storage type(nand or sd) by checking your model number (located on the back of the Zen, below the serial number).

------------------------------------------
|Model Number-------------Device Type|
------------------------------------------
|DVP-FL0012----------------------NAND|
------------------------------------------
|DVP-FL0015-------------------------SD|
------------------------------------------
|DVP-FL0015/PF249-----------------???|
------------------------------------------
I currently do not know what the build for DVP-FL0015/PF249(which is the 64gb model) is. If anyone has a 64gb model, could you check?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.