android
Old 01-30-2008, 08:46 PM
ABI Founder

Default Sansa View abi>>review

Sorry it took so long. I had to rewrite it so many times with the firmware changes, plus CES got in the way and so did moving. There are my excuses. =D I hope you enjoy.

SanDisk Sansa View Review!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-31-2008, 11:39 AM

great review! I've pretty much decided that I love the views hardware, but hate the firmware, just as the e200. So rockbox is the first thing that springs to mind, I really hope it gets ported!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pienose View Post
great review! I've pretty much decided that I love the views hardware, but hate the firmware, just as the e200. So rockbox is the first thing that springs to mind, I really hope it gets ported!
by the time they managed to get it working, a new model will be out

Old 02-01-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard View Post
by the time they managed to get it working, a new model will be out
With all respect, but you try to code a new firmware for the view in that period of time. Quite sure you won't succeed.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:19 PM

Nice review. One could notice that you were quite annoyed about the continuous firmware updates because of the rather short end.

Hmm...I'm just not happy with the development. First, I think there is nothing wrong about the View's size. Personally, I don't like these tiny players.

However, there are some steps SanDisk made that I can't understand:
  • Battery: Why non-replaceable? I know that modern batteries are likely to outlive the player, but I don't see why a revolutionary development made for the e200-series can't be made for the View as well.
  • Interface: With the ZEN, Creative has succeeded to fit larger capacities with a better interface and better controls (such as the ABC-browsing). The VIEW still uses an interface which might be sufficient for 2-4GB, but not for 16GB.

The bottom line is that the VIEW is neither a good e200 upgrade nor a blasting sensation like the e200 back in 2006.

The e200 was an iPod-Killer because of the price AND the features. The View is just inexpensive, but nothing more

Old 02-14-2008, 07:36 AM

I wish I had bothered to check out the size of the View before I ordered it. I simply assumed it was about the same size as my E280. I'm not a fan of how big the view is. That issue as well as the battery issues led me to send the View back for a refund.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:13 PM

check out the Fuze. i was under the same impression about the size after owning the brilliant E200 V1 . dont get me wrong i have a 16gb View and it is great but i just got a 8gb Ffuze and OMG it is great a great follow up. to the e200 series. i wish there was a 16gb version & even 32gb. i would buy both og them