android
Old 03-16-2008, 07:23 AM

Default Prepurchase questions Controls/battery/playlists

I'd like to ask a few questions about the Clix that I can't answer unambiguously from reviews and specs.

I want to replace my Samsung Z5 which was a very nice player but completely brain dead in one respect: If you didn't touch it for 24 hours it would turn itself right off and Forget where it was in the playlist!

I don't want much from a player (apart from good sound quality and battery life). I just need it to have the following:

Dedicated buttons for

Vol + and -
Start/Stop
Last track/Next track

so that I can put it in my pocket and perform those functions quickly and without removing it.

Other than that I just set up a massive playlist and work through that each time I use it.

So, my questions are:

1) Does it have the dedicated buttons mentioned above?
2) Is the playlist in a standard format so that it can be copied as a file onto the device?
3) How long does the battery last if you don't use the device?
4) If you switch it off completely, does it remember where it was in the playlist?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2008, 06:51 AM

i am about to buy one too and was wondering something as well.
some people say that the durability of this player is crap, that after like a few weeks the buttons stop working. can anyone who's owned a clix2 for a while confirm this for me thx in advance

Old 05-11-2008, 08:32 AM

Mogles: 1) It DOES have dedicated volume buttons, but the only way to change tracks is use the D*click controls.

2) Don't know that much about playlists, but I know you can transfer them from WMP11, iriver+3, and any other software you use to transfer music. It also has an on-the-go playlist.

3) and 4) Can't help you here.