android
Old 05-09-2008, 04:26 PM

Default X5 and rockbox

Is the X5L compatible with rockbox. my headphone jack is going out on my Sansa E250... so i am back in the market for a new MP3 player. i am wanting something that has rockbox amoung other things... so yeah...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2008, 06:22 PM

The X5 supports Rockbox. It's not like Rockbox has many advantages over the stock firmware, tough. Stock sounds better due to the BBE enhancements, that's all that matters to me - better sound. YMMV. The advantages (for me) of Rockbox are gapless playback, last.fm scrobbling, and WAV recording. Stock firmware has better audio quality (BBE or bust!), better file/folder management, easier navigation (Rockbox is just full of useless junk, i.e. playlists and whatnot).

Since you can dual-boot the stock firmware and Rockbox, there's nothing to lose.

And since you're coming from a Sansa e200, prepare yourself for seriously god sound quality.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

I had rockbox installed on my X5L for a while. It was ok, but nothing special (did not like the navigation / interface). I primarily switched for gapless playback.