android
  #1  
Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
PerfektSound PerfektSound is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 24
Default Firmware Suggestions and Bug Fixes

For me:

A web browser
SD Integration (or at least enable same features if it stays seperate.)
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 08-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Xennon Xennon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 34
Default

Although I'm still waiting for my Zen, I sent a mail and warned Creative about the SD card integration issue. It may be more effective if everyone here and Epizenter send a mail about that.

Their first answer:

Quote:
Thank you for your product suggestion. This email will be forwarded to
our product developers as a suggestion for future products.
My second mail after that:
Quote:
Hello!
Why for
future products? It must not be a huge development. I'm not looking for
a lossless format or something like that which can be a good
advertisement for the future products. This is only an improvement for
the software of the Zen X-Fi. And as you know, its really "new" at the
moment. I do not want a software improvement for my Zen Vision:M or the
ZEN, because I know that these will not mean something profitable for
Creative; but a software development on the Zen X-Fi will be profitable,
it will be sold at least 1/1.5 year in its class. Thanks!
Their answer:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Creative Labs Americas Customer Service
regarding your suggestion for integration of the player's memory and SD
card.

With regard to your suggestion, that issue has been forwarded to the
appropriate department for investigation.

Yes, we are aware of the issue that is why we have or always inform the
concerned department about this issue for them to check and develop a
firmware update that will integrate both the two memories.

As for the firmware update, we are not sure if the future or next
release of the player's firmware will fix or resolve the issue.
--------------------------
I think there will not be a Web browser for the Zen X-Fi, because it is an extra. Creative, unarguably, use that for a new product if they want. But I want to be hopeful about the SD card integration...That is the only real weakness of the new Zen.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:01 PM
PerfektSound PerfektSound is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 24
Default

Those are the typical canned responses any company will give you. I hope they listen though.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Xennon Xennon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 34
Default

Yes, I know that. Its because I said:"I want to be hopeful", nothing more. But the last time, they listeden our suggestions for some more languages. We dont lose something with a mail.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 08-29-2008, 03:25 PM
akarol akarol is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 71
Default

1. LCD turning off after playing music after a designated time to conserve battery life (Have Creative engineers ever used another MP3 player? I mean, every single one does this)

2. SD integration (bahahahahah)

3. More stability (I mean, all I'd like the player not to crash every single day. I'd settle for 4 times a week.)

4. Fix problem of songs repeating when in Random Play All mode (should be simple. Oh wait, Creative players have been suffering from this problem for years...)

5. Allow for music to continue playing while in Chat and add AIM, ICQ, etc. (not that I'd use it as it is a useless feature, but might as well for those who do)

6. Use keys as a dialpad and not require users to go to specific on-screen key and repeatedly tap OK (duh. Doesn't the plethora of buttons and their alignment resemble anything? Maybe a phone's dialpad?)

7. Improved radio reception

8. Faster bootup time (this might be accomplished by deleting a file from the player's drive.)

Wow, weird but I just realized I've been describing my Cowon D2 all along. Let the bashing begin!
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 08-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Xennon Xennon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Wow, weird but I just realized I've been describing my Cowon D2 all along
Then what do you want a firmware from Creative instead of enjoying your Cowon D2?

Your third and last points will be solved after some time [Do you know how many firmware has been released for the D2 to solve most of the bugs? I ask because you look like a person who is interested in DAPs for 15days (the fanboy age. Everyone experienced it)]

The first suggestion is really unnecessary. Everyone knows how to hold player. And the songs repeating: I encountered the same with the D2's shuffle mode. I always use the ZV:M with the shuffle mode and I wonder who suffers from that.


Quote:
(Have Creative engineers ever used another MP3 player? I mean, every single one does this)
lol what's that to you? Please do not excite people with these fanboy sentences.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 08-29-2008, 06:12 PM
akarol akarol is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 71
Default

I wouldn't count on the Random Play All problem being fixed any time soon.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=33796

As far as the D2 goes. Never heard of anyone having that problem with it.

How is the first point unecessary? What if I want to conserve battery life and have live access to the buttons? Why should anyone be forced to put the player on hold? The hold button is solely used to prevent keys from accidentaly being pressed. Besides, if putting the player on HOLD is going to be necessary to turn the LCD off, then why would they make it so difficult to access it? Especially if you're using a case with it.

And if you're going to call that unecessary, then a freaking web browser on your DAP should take the cake for unecessary requests. Get a smartphone. I couldn't imagine how horrible a browser on the X-Fi would be if they can't get a simple chat feature right.

Lastly, I have owned MP3 players probably since you were a fetus. I just never had any problems with any of the ones I owned until I got the X-Fi, leading me to become active in this forum (negativelly active).

All in all, don't count on Creative doing anything drastic. They haven't done it for years and they probably won't do it now.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 08-29-2008, 06:14 PM
akarol akarol is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 71
Default

9. A software package that doesn't suck (Now I know most of you can agree with my that Creative Centrale is a horrible piece of programming. It's slow, buggy, and unreliable. Avoid it at all costs!)

10. Loyal fans that doesn't suck (It'll be tough to do. I know that Apple has tried it for years, but those pathetic fanboys just keep at it like a plague)
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 08-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Xennon Xennon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
I wouldn't count on the Random Play All problem being fixed any time soon.
I did not say it had been solved, I meant there is actually not a problem that will attract the attention of people about the mode. [He says "about once or twice a day". I say twice a week]

You dont need to show me the links because I know you have read them in the last 10 days in ABI and writing here now. So I know everything you mentioned.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/archiv....php/f-58.html
Look at that to understand process of the development of the D2. If you find something like that about the Zens, I'm sure you'll come and write "all" of them here.

*The pause/resume wrongness must be another thing that you die for. Didnt you experience it, really?

Quote:
How is the first point unecessary? What if I want to conserve battery life and have live access to the buttons? Why should anyone be forced to put the player on hold? The hold button is solely used to prevent keys from accidentaly being pressed. Besides, if putting the player on HOLD is going to be necessary to turn the LCD off, then why would they make it so difficult to access it? Especially if you're using a case with it.
Hold button and the others are accessible with one hand. A complainer of that must hate the touchscreen IMO. Do you have live access to the buttons when the LCD is turned off?

I do not have a Zen X-Fi now [so there's no web browser. And I dont need a browser in a 2.5'',3'' screen], I owned many of the players and I give importance to the home equipments mainly. Because I know that there is not a huge difference between the DAPs as you steadily say.

There is nothing to argue. I only advise you to be more polite while writing something, this is not a vital topic. Dont get angry and dont irritate. There are so many D2 user here, I didnt see that kind of an arguement.

This will be my last post in this topic because I wrote what I write.

Note: There was no computer when I was born, so there was no mp3. You may talk about the old radios.

Note2:Sorry for my English again if there's a problem.

Last edited by Xennon; 08-29-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
shadow shadow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 60
Default

Same as the first post. Maybe if they can somehow make the speaker louder (sounds quieter after last firmware update...but i'tm probably just being nuts).
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 08-31-2008, 10:49 AM
akarol akarol is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennon View Post
I did not say it had been solved, I meant there is actually not a problem that will attract the attention of people about the mode. [He says "about once or twice a day". I say twice a week]

You dont need to show me the links because I know you have read them in the last 10 days in ABI and writing here now. So I know everything you mentioned.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/archiv....php/f-58.html
Look at that to understand process of the development of the D2. If you find something like that about the Zens, I'm sure you'll come and write "all" of them here.

*The pause/resume wrongness must be another thing that you die for. Didnt you experience it, really?

Hold button and the others are accessible with one hand. A complainer of that must hate the touchscreen IMO. Do you have live access to the buttons when the LCD is turned off?

I do not have a Zen X-Fi now [so there's no web browser. And I dont need a browser in a 2.5'',3'' screen], I owned many of the players and I give importance to the home equipments mainly. Because I know that there is not a huge difference between the DAPs as you steadily say.

There is nothing to argue. I only advise you to be more polite while writing something, this is not a vital topic. Dont get angry and dont irritate. There are so many D2 user here, I didnt see that kind of an arguement.

This will be my last post in this topic because I wrote what I write.

Note: There was no computer when I was born, so there was no mp3. You may talk about the old radios.

Note2:Sorry for my English again if there's a problem.
Wow, apparently in the two weeks I've owned the X-Fi I have still used it more than you have until now huh? You're irrelevant and inexperienced comments are finally starting to make sense.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 08-29-2008, 08:30 PM
salami salami is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 64
Default

Here are the list of bugs I was hoping to get fix

- Volume.The volume seems to be unbalance.If you listen to a song then skip to the next song it either becomes really loud or really soft.The next time you restart the mp3 player the song becomes extremely loud and you have to turn down the volume.

- Crashes with the mp3 player


-Video doesn't sync properly with the audio
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:30 AM
shadow shadow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salami View Post
Here are the list of bugs I was hoping to get fix

- Volume.The volume seems to be unbalance.If you listen to a song then skip to the next song it either becomes really loud or really soft.The next time you restart the mp3 player the song becomes extremely loud and you have to turn down the volume.

- Crashes with the mp3 player


-Video doesn't sync properly with the audio
If you download music via limewire, then it may be because the tracks you've downloaded are different quality...

And 2nded BIG TIME for audio-video syncing. When my videos start out they seem fine, but as the video progresses it's like the audio is slightly too fast, causing them to be unsynced.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:42 AM
marc2003's Avatar
marc2003 marc2003 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Posts: 297
Default

question for you guys with the audio/video sync problems..... have you actually tested your files on your pc? playback fine? i just find it hard to believe that a file that plays fine on a pc would go out of sync on your zen????

obviously, if the file doesn't play properly on the pc either, then you have an encoding problem - nothing to do with the zen at all.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 08-30-2008, 11:36 AM
gorr gorr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4
Default

I also think the first point is not unecessary. This is the only thing I don't like about my Zen X-FI and I really would like to see the LCD turning off and not only on hold because I don't use hold very often. So for me this is a very important thing
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 08-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Xennon Xennon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Wow, apparently in the two weeks I've owned the X-Fi I have still used it more than you have until now huh? You're irrelevant and inexperienced comments are finally starting to make sense.
Yeah, but I'm not sure if you know the interface of it more than me. Zen X-Fi is not a unique player, completely the same interface and the same controls with the older ones. I dont comment on something I do not know [yet, you did it here: "Oh wait, Creative players have been suffering from this problem for years."]
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 08-31-2008, 05:28 PM
EternalWanderer EternalWanderer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 11
Default

I'd love to see them implement a mute Cowon fanboy feature, that would be seriously useful.

Sometimes, when I turn on the player, it'll say X-Fi is on - but it's not actually working and I have to shut X-Fi off and then turn it back on to make things sound right. No big deal, but it would be nice if they could fix this.

SD card integration - I've never used anything on an SD card yet, but the lack of at least basic features - even if it's not possible to fully combine them - seems ridiculous at this point.

Phone style typing, this should have been a no-brainer.

Option to actually fully shut off the foolish backlight, please. It doesn't really bother me having it always on, but it just seems silly and counterintuitive given that have the backlight shut off after however many seconds has been a standard feature for a very long time.

Bloody Internet radio, this one really shouldn't be that hard.

AIM support

Fix album art problems
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 09-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Elysiumfire Elysiumfire is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Posts: 7
Default

Hi There,

Out of all the gripes so far posted, the one I'd like to see specifically looked at is the SD integration. This to me presents itself as the main Achilles Heel, and should not have been implemented without it being fully integrated; it would've made the player extremely attractive to buy.

Nevetheless, I am certainly happy with my 8Gb version. I've updated the earphones, and am more than happy with the sound quality. Have had no problems at all (yet). One poster has asked for 'phone-style typing'. Well, if he means mobile/cell phone style typing, my 8Gb actually has that feature. The radio reception I am able to gain is very good quality, but then again, the UK is a small compact country, and apart from the hills and mountains up here in the North, reception is quite good. Still haven't tried the video capabilities yet, but if and when I do, and if I have problems, I'll be happy to make a post about it. Also, I have not made any update to the firmware as yet, and don't plan on doing so until I actually need to.

Akarol
Quote:
I just never had any problems with any of the ones I owned until I got the X-Fi, leading me to become active in this forum (negativelly active).
Equally, as unfortunate as it was that your experience with the X-FI was not entirely a cordial affair, one need not presume that all X-FI's will provide the same experience with other users. Your bitterness (and that is what it is) whether justified or not, reads like sour grapes, more than a true objective opinion. Which is why I suspect you receive the criticism you receive.

Ultimately, when I purchase something, I'll have done the research, previewed the product in the shops and on the net, and garnered many opinions, both pro and con. I could still end up with a 'bad' experience, and it would make me wary of future acquisitions from the same company, but I also know that that particular player was probably faulty. Otherwise, how else can you explain the good reports from others?

Best wishes
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 PM
akarol akarol is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalWanderer View Post
I'd love to see them implement a mute Cowon fanboy feature, that would be seriously useful.

Sometimes, when I turn on the player, it'll say X-Fi is on - but it's not actually working and I have to shut X-Fi off and then turn it back on to make things sound right. No big deal, but it would be nice if they could fix this.

SD card integration - I've never used anything on an SD card yet, but the lack of at least basic features - even if it's not possible to fully combine them - seems ridiculous at this point.

Phone style typing, this should have been a no-brainer.

Option to actually fully shut off the foolish backlight, please. It doesn't really bother me having it always on, but it just seems silly and counterintuitive given that have the backlight shut off after however many seconds has been a standard feature for a very long time.

Bloody Internet radio, this one really shouldn't be that hard.

AIM support

Fix album art problems
Well, I didn't expect you to have the IQ to know that you can "ignore" users from message boards. Have at it!
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 09-04-2008, 01:25 PM
awkenney awkenney is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6
Default

Now that I have had a chance to use Badaboom, I would like to see H.264 support.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.