android
Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 PM

Default microSD HC card read problem

I'm fairly new to the forum, I did some reading but I'm still having problems, sorry if it's a repost of same issue.

I installed rockbox version r15924-071214 on my e200 firmware 1.00.12A
While in MSC mode I attach USB to my PC then insert Sandisk 4GB micro SD HC card and "Removable Disk K and L" appear in My Computer. The K drive is my sansa and all the folders are there and I'm able to access them. The other drive L I'm assuming is SD card but I cannot seem to drag and drop files to it. If I double click to open it says "please insert a disk into drive L"

If I connect my sansa to PC with the SD card in it then system refreshes and same thing as above occurs.
Also rockbox reads the card because it says there is 3.87 gb of space on MSD.
I didn't format the card or anything, and if it has to be done I'm not sure how to do it in rockbox.
I've tried different ways of connecting and nothing seems to be working.
Can anyone help?
thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It is because OF will not read or see microSDHC cards. You need to use a card reader that can read them.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:05 PM

So I need to transfer the music to my SD card through a card reader, adapter or any other way but not through my sansa via usb?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, you are right there. Whatever you use needs to read SDHC cards.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 AM

Well I took my Sandisk 4GB SD HC card to work and used SD adapter, plugged it in to Verbatin 15 in 1 card reader, two drives popped up in My Computer and I can't access either of the drives. I get "Please insert a disk into drive xx"
What is going on here? Could it be the reader, adaper or card?
Any ideas?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansa10 View Post
Well I took my Sandisk 4GB SD HC card to work and used SD adapter, plugged it in to Verbatin 15 in 1 card reader, two drives popped up in My Computer and I can't access either of the drives. I get "Please insert a disk into drive xx"
What is going on here? Could it be the reader, adaper or card?
Any ideas?
Are you sure the card reader is SDHC compatible? If not, it would show the drives (the card slots on the flash drive), but not the card in them. Happened to me. I got a Kingston 9-in-1 reader. Works great.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech View Post
Are you sure the card reader is SDHC compatible? If not, it would show the drives (the card slots on the flash drive), but not the card in them. Happened to me. I got a Kingston 9-in-1 reader. Works great.
I think you might be right. The 15 in 1 reader says SD/Mini SD on the slot but I couldn't find Micro SD or SDHC. I assumed that as long as you put MicroSDHC into SD adapter than it should show up since SD is compatible.
Weird.
thanks

Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It could be that the card reader sees the card, but does not like the adapter or SDHC cards.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

SD is not SDHC compatible, so that won't work.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:25 PM

Default What is the highest size memory card a rockboxed e250 can take?

What is the highest size memory card a rockboxed e250 can take

Old 02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

32GB.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 AM

How to get stuff onto your SDHC card if you dont have an SDHC card reader:

(1) Boot your sansa into the OF
(2) Copy music into the sansa's internal memory
(3) Uplug sansa, reboot into rockbox
(4) Using rockbox's context menu, move the music from internal storage to the SDHC card
(5) Repeat steps 1-4 until the card is full.

Note that it's worth being careful as the card gets nearly full, i'm not entirely sure rockbox detects when the card is full correctly, and it can 'wrap around' and start overwriting existing files.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Default This USB Test Build Might Help

There was a USB Test Build posted a few days ago on the Rockbox site.

Rasher said:
"After r20032, there's a good chance that Rockbox USB will work nicely on PP5022/PP5024 devices."

This includes the Sansa e2xx players. I don't know enough about Rockbox protocols to know if or when this unsupported build will be part of the official release but this seems promising to me.

I installed it over my existing Rockbox installation and it seems to be functioning OK. The first time I reconnected with Rockbox running my Vista SP1 setup gave me the "installing drivers" popup and half a minute later I was able to transfer files to and from the 4 Gb SDHC card installed in my e250. I have been using the card as I would any external drive with no problems.

The one thing I noticed was that like before if a large capacity card in in the player and it is plugged in while turned off it will try to go to the OF and freeze. If Rockbox is up and running when you connect you see a USB symbol and the card is visible and usable as an external drive.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Rockbox Developer

We're looking to have it enabled in official builds within a week. There's a few more tests we'd like to do before we enable it. We're hoping to have the kinks ironed out in time for the 3.2 release so that the stable version will have Rockbox USB support, in which case I'm hoping the bootloader behaviour will be changed so that it doesn't default to the OF when USB is detected.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
We're looking to have it enabled in official builds within a week. There's a few more tests we'd like to do before we enable it. We're hoping to have the kinks ironed out in time for the 3.2 release so that the stable version will have Rockbox USB support, in which case I'm hoping the bootloader behaviour will be changed so that it doesn't default to the OF when USB is detected.
Oh, this is HUGE. I'll be watching for 3.2. Being able to basically ignore the OF all together is a wonderful thing.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:23 PM

finally!...Rockbox USB support. That sure is music to my ears. Can't wait.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 02-22-2009, 04:42 PM

what... oh man thats great news

i use my e260v1model with a 8gb msd card, what i do is copy stuff on internal memory and with rockbox on my 8gb msd card - no news..

@ Daveybaby you are right with my card also, somehow when the card is full or almost i become no msg and its never ending copying files to the card, and i guess i lost some data, no clue what, without msg or sth.my 2 cent.s ;>

Old 02-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Thank you for the information and all the work you and all the others have put into the Rockbox project. I will look forward to the 3.2 release as I experiment with the test build. Having a fully functional USB stack is very convenient.
Thanks again.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Rockbox Developer

If there are issues with full cards, why has nobody actually filed a bug report?

Last edited by Llorean; 02-22-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:51 AM

what i can tell, is that the usb test build from rockbox is working for me and thats a big step for me with my e260v1 without cardreader.

copying files from windows directly to the card, delete, move, edit, no problem, well. i should have visit this forum some days earlier

whats not working for me, is to see the properties from my 8gb msdhc card from sandisk, its failed to gather information, when i am in rockbox, but i had this problem also before, with the internal memory.