android
Old 12-08-2008, 09:16 PM

Default Viewing MP3s from Windows created folders

Hi everyone,
I just recieved my new Sansa View 16GB today. I had created 14.7 GBs of folders organized by the name of the Artist with subfolders for every Album from that artist. One of the folders I just put about 2.5 GBs ( I called Misc) of random favorites songs.

Then I loaded the whole thing in the Music Directory. I was disapointed to see that the Sansa View organized everything it's own way and not my way. I wanted to browse my folders to select music- paticularly the "Misc" folder.

Is there any way I can re-program or just view my own folders the way I had them organized or do I have to view and play everything by artist, albumm or song list?

One more question: how can I get rid of all the pre-loaded music that came on this MP3 player? I really don't want any of it because some of it I don't know if I'm the one that loaded it or Sansa did. I looked through all of the folders and didn't find any preloaded music. Whats up with that? I just want to get rid of it.....

Help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Sansa View only reads tags and not files and folders.

I do not remember what mode the preloaded song was load by. If the preloaded songs was loaded using MTP mode and if you switched to MSC mode, you will not see them. Same with the other other way around.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 PM

How do I know what mode I'm in, and how can I go into a specific mode that will allow me to veiw my folders?

Old 12-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you have the newest firmware, you can go: More -> Settings/Options -> System Settings -> USB Mode.

There is no mode to get it to read files/folders.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:16 AM

If the Sansa View only reads Artist and album tags, can I get a ID3 batch processing program to modify every Artist and Album title to the same thing so all of the 2.5GBs of Misc can be identified as as one Artist and Album? Then I can play that folder in shuttle mode...

If so what ID3 Batch Processing program would anyone recomend?

Help!

Old 12-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Take a look at MP3Tag and Tag&Rename is good for that.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:30 AM

sorry for bumping the thread, but i have quite the same problem.

as suggested here, i tried to convert all my mp3 tags to organize my music as i pleased. (as i have some music from the same artist but spelled differently)

but the weird thing is, that somehow, view won't recognize the changes i made, if i look the tab via windows' browser (properties -> summery) it's the tags I've changed (the new one) but in the view's menu, it still the same old tags! i have no idea how it can even remember it.

I tried changing the tag using windows browser, and some mp3tag changers, but with no use.

any idea what i am missing?

Old 10-13-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gefen View Post
sorry for bumping the thread, but i have quite the same problem.

as suggested here, i tried to convert all my mp3 tags to organize my music as i pleased. (as i have some music from the same artist but spelled differently)

but the weird thing is, that somehow, view won't recognize the changes i made, if i look the tab via windows' browser (properties -> summery) it's the tags I've changed (the new one) but in the view's menu, it still the same old tags! i have no idea how it can even remember it.

I tried changing the tag using windows browser, and some mp3tag changers, but with no use.

any idea what i am missing?
I get this problem as well. What I've tried to do is when I plug it into my computer, I open the MUSIC folder that contains my mp3s, right click on a blank area, and chose Refresh. I assume this would fix the problem, but unfortunately the player takes FOREVER to rewrite the changes. I tried leaving my computer on and the player plugged in for a whole day and it still didn't finish rewriting info I changed on 2 mp3s! So much for that.

The only viable option is to take EVERYTHING out, reformat the player to clean it out, and then put everything back in if you want the new info shown on the player. That's the only thing that worked for me.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:43 PM

Sounds to me like you changed the tags of the files on the View. I have a gut feeling you need to move the files from the View to your computer, change the tags there, then move them back to the View and allow it to refresh. Just a suggestion.

Bruce