android
Old 02-08-2009, 06:24 PM

Default My pc won't recognize my zen!

I had my creative vision m 30gb for about a couple years, no problems whatsoever. i would connect it to my computer and it would charge and recognize it instantly. however a few days ago my computer stopped working. i bought another computer off a friend and it wouldnt recognize my zen when i plugged it in. it wouldnt give me any error screen, it simply acted like i plugged nothing in at all. the usb/computer isnt the problem- i can connect other devices like my camera, my phone, etc in and they work. i dont have the installation cd for my zen cause this was a few years ago but when i go to device manager it says no drivers for it are installed. i need the driver but i'm not very computer savvy so i dont know how to go about doing that, can anyone help?

my zen version is 1.62.01

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-09-2009, 02:26 AM

is this what your looking for???

http://files.filefront.com/Creative+.../fileinfo.html

Old 02-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You do not need any of the Creative software in order to use the ZVM. Just ensure you have WMP10 or WMP11 installed on the new computer. Please see the FAQ for more information.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-22-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
You do not need any of the Creative software in order to use the ZVM. Just ensure you have WMP10 or WMP11 installed on the new computer. Please see the FAQ for more information.

Just wanted to say thanks for the info, I was getting desperate.
My PC wouldn't recognize my Zen so thought I would be stuck with what I had on the player without being able to load anything new.

I've just loaded a new film onto my player using windows media player, so I'm relieved to say the least.

Thanks.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:20 PM

i tried that install cd from google like a thousand times, it doesnt work for me, is all thats on it like the media explorer and other zen tools? cause first i need to get my zen recognized by my computer before i even bother using those...

also in the FAQ it says the only thing needed in Vista is WMP, however i have XP(service pack2). prolly should have mentioned that. so yeah, nothings working...

theres no way i can install the needed driver, whatever that may be?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 PM

i dl'ed the install disc again on a whim and i'm gonna give it one more go. i opened it up and it has lots of folders and the setup.exe

to get it recognized to my pc would i have to click any particular folder and dl the contents or does the setup.exe automatically take everything from all folders? if not then i guess i need to go back to trying to find a driver..

Old 02-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Again:

Quote:
From the Zen FAQ:

Quote:
Am I required to use the Creative software to use or charge my Zen?

No, you do not need the Creative software at all in order to charge, copy over files, or even convert video. As long as you are using an MTP compatible Operating System like Vista (Native MTP support) or Windows XP with WMP10 or WMP11 (preferably) installed, the Operating System should recognize the Zen correctly, install and load the driver just fine. After the driver installs and loads after connecting the Zen, the Zen should charge at the full current allowed by USB. If the driver loads without error (check Device Manager), then you can either use Windows Explorer to drag-and-drop files over to the Zen from the computer or use a Sync/Media Manager like WMP, MediaMonkey, WinAmp, etc. to organize and/or sync your media files.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 AM

Sounds like the drivers are not quite right.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, reinstalling WMP10 or WMP11 should resolve that. Check Device Manage for the status of the driver when connected to verify.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM

it wasnt working until i hit "update driver" and bam! it began charging and my computer detected it. thanks so much guys!!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comforteagle View Post
it wasnt working until i hit "update driver" and bam! it began charging and my computer detected it. thanks so much guys!!
I have had the same problems with my zen vision player. I have the service pack 2 installed and a reinstalled WMP 11 but i still can't get mine to work. when you say you "updated driver" was that for the ZVM player and if so what was it called? i can't do that cause my computer won't recognize it and its not listed in my drivers. do i need to try using the cd and dl the files to get my comp to recognize the player?

frustrating!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojbowser View Post
I have had the same problems with my zen vision player. I have the service pack 2 installed and a reinstalled WMP 11 but i still can't get mine to work. when you say you "updated driver" was that for the ZVM player and if so what was it called? i can't do that cause my computer won't recognize it and its not listed in my drivers. do i need to try using the cd and dl the files to get my comp to recognize the player?

frustrating!
What kind of player are you having trouble with?

Old 02-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Good to hear. Thanks for the update. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ

Old 02-14-2009, 09:46 PM

I am having the same problem. I found a file in my directory C:\Program Files\Creative\Support\System Information. it's named CTSI.exe I lets you run a diagnostic which can be mailed to Creative support. I just did it and got a reply back saying that i will get a personal response within 24 hours. Here's hoping they have a fix. sorry if this is a duplicate.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickem440 View Post
I am having the same problem. I found a file in my directory C:\Program Files\Creative\Support\System Information. it's named CTSI.exe I lets you run a diagnostic which can be mailed to Creative support. I just did it and got a reply back saying that i will get a personal response within 24 hours. Here's hoping they have a fix. sorry if this is a duplicate.
Yeah, good luck with that. Your best bet will most likely be to read up here regarding a solution to your problem.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-17-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickem440 View Post
I lets you run a diagnostic which can be mailed to Creative support. I just did it and got a reply back saying that i will get a personal response within 24 hours. Here's hoping they have a fix.
Quote:
Yeah, good luck with that. Your best bet will most likely be to read up here regarding a solution to your problem.
I must agree, Creative say that they will email or call you, but however, they will not.

When my ZVM had problems, I got emails from them till the day my warranty ran out. Bad Customer service, Bad!
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 02-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

In Creative's defense, I have heard/seen incidents where they have offered good service. It just seems to be a little rare these days.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
In Creative's defense, I have heard/seen incidents where they have offered good service. It just seems to be a little rare these days.
Really? Its a shame they don't offer such service to everyone all the time, even if the warranty runs out

As the old saying goes, "bad experience gets told ten times over, yet a good experience is only told once." or something along those lines
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 02-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeys View Post
Really? Its a shame they don't offer such service to everyone all the time, even if the warranty runs out
Yes, and there are a few documented experiences here in the forums. However, it is true..... the bad ones are expressed more often and told here as well. Same goes for posting about problems with the players. People will tend to post more with problems then when not.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-19-2010, 10:42 AM

Everyone just do what BobbyRS says to do. I had mine fixed in less than five minutes!

Thanks BobbyRS your the man!