android
Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 PM

Help O2 and video glasses: turn off O2 screen possible?

I'm thinking of purchasing my first PVP: an O2, and I'd like to use it with a set of video glasses like those discussed here:
http://www.coolbuzz.org/entry/top-10-video-glasses/
Not sure how that will go, but should be better than watching the small O2 screen.
Anyway, I'd like to know if there is some way (hack?) to turn off the O2's screen while watching a video using the video glasses. That would extend the battery life of the O2 quite a bit I would imagine. I doubt that it is possible, but no harm in asking I guess Or perhaps there is another player that has this capability? At worst I could turn the brightness down to zero I guess.

Also, if anyone can recommend a good set of video glasses then I'm all ears.

Tnx in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2009, 11:48 PM

If you could the cowon o2 with the video out cable to the glasses it should work. About turning off the screen, when using the player regularly if you pull down the switch to turn off the player it gives me a window with the option to turn off the screen or turn off the player. Or if i press on the battery life icon on the bottom right of the screen it'll do the same thing too. I don't have a video out cable so I don't know what happens to the screen when you put the O2 in a/v out mode. But I think the screen should turn off.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 AM

Yes the screen does indeed turn off. You can test this by pressing the video out icon. The screen goes off and the device begins to output video through the cable.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 AM

Default video glasses

hello dear,

You can use these glasses with various sources, such as a portable media player or your cell phone. This technology promises to eliminate the dizziness phenomenon usually associated with this kind of display. And with these glasses weighing only about 40 grams, you’ll feel that you’re viewing a 40-inch screen from a distance of 7 feet.

Thanks