android
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 AM

Default Please help - can't display tracks in order!

I realize how stupid this sounds, but I cannot make my files display according to track title order. I searched all through the settings options and found nothing to set this right, other than the Shuffle option, which is set to "Off". This is a serious problem when you plan to use your Fuze for audio books as well as music - one such book is divided into dozens of tracks (I checked the title tags, as well as the track numbers in EasyTag). I checked to see if my music files display by title, and they don't either. What can I do about this?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchyfinger View Post
I realize how stupid this sounds, but I cannot make my files display according to track title order. I searched all through the settings options and found nothing to set this right, other than the Shuffle option, which is set to "Off". This is a serious problem when you plan to use your Fuze for audio books as well as music - one such book is divided into dozens of tracks (I checked the title tags, as well as the track numbers in EasyTag). I checked to see if my music files display by title, and they don't either. What can I do about this?

Thanks.
MAybe try the folder navigation?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:00 PM

I read you checked your tags, but this is clearly a tagging issue. Correct the tags and they'll display correctly. I use mp3tag, it's a free app, you can find via google and the help files on it are very good or this thread here can help.

Edit: Please don't create any more threads regarding the same subject, people will get to you, btw I deleted the other one. Thanks for your cooperation

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I read you checked your tags, but this is clearly a tagging issue. Correct the tags and they'll display correctly. I use mp3tag, it's a free app, you can find via google and the help files on it are very good or this thread here can help.
Thanks, but as stated, the tags which are on my Fuze now show consistently in three tag editors which I've viewed them with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Edit: Please don't create any more threads regarding the same subject, people will get to you, btw I deleted the other one. Thanks for your cooperation
Very sorry about that, and thanks for taking care of it! I admit I'm no pro at web forums, but this really has me befuddled, because it's been happening completely by accident. All I tried to do was push the Back button a number of times to get back to the forum from the thread I had posted, after making a duplicate tab in my web browser, when I couldn't decide which button to push otherwise.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 PM

Default Tagging Issue

Yeah it is your tags that are messed up! If you view the files using mp3tag editor you can highlight them and click Remove all tags!

If you do this first and then retag them it should work fine!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:11 PM

Not sure about the fuze, but with the e200 series you have to force a db refresh in order for the updated tags to work, you might want to try that. As some players tend to remember the origional tags loaded.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Oh, crap, you guys just may be right about the tags! While they display perfectly on my Walkman, it may be a quirk in how Fuze sorts the tag field. If my new theory is correct, it may be the Genre field. It's should be listed above the Artist field in the hierarchy, and the fact that I have ignored this field while editing my tags, paying attention only to the Artist, Title, and sometimes Album fields (I can list all songs for an Artist directly on my Walkman). Anyway, I opened up everything in Rhythmbox, which is the default all-in-one for Ubuntu, and it displays the files much the way tag info is displayed in Windows Explorer. The display is ordered by song, and the next is Genre. It's apparent that differences in this field are causing my list of three songs from Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind Album to display out of order, as is the case with many songs in my collection. I don't get this problem when I display the whole list of songs on my fuze through the Music->Songs menu, but it's a royal pain when I navigate by Artist, and then I have to select an album, when I'd much rather just display all of an artist's songs in order, irregardless of the album.

Before I go and spend the rest of my life retagging five hundred song tracks, can anybody tell me if there are alternative through the Fuze settings? Irregardless of the answer, is there a way of making Fuze list all of the song tracks under Artist, without making you select by album?

Thanks.