android
Old 11-02-2009, 06:14 PM

Default YP-T10 isn't recognized by computer & won't charge

I bought a cheap YP-T10. It didn't turn on when I bought it and it didn't come with the charging cable, but I got it cheap enough that I figured it would be worth it to buy a cable and see if I could get it to work.

I just got the cable and am now trying to charge it. With the cable plugged into the YP-T10 and the computer, the screen lights up with some pale out of focus animated dots and T10 in the middle. Then the screen freezes and it isn't recognized by the computer and it isn't charging...

I pushed a reset button a couple of times and it still doesn't charge or get recognised by the computer.

Before I crack it open, I'd like to know if anyone has had this happen, or knows what is going on t with it?

I'd really appreciate any help.

I'm pretty handy with hardware stuff, but this may be a software/firmware problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 AM

Well, now the player is charging, but it still gets stuck on the opening animation and freezes. I have to push the reset to turn it off.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaperChuck View Post
Well, now the player is charging, but it still gets stuck on the opening animation and freezes. I have to push the reset to turn it off.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?

You can try this tool as its made by the Chip maker..

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...hlight=unbrick

Old 11-04-2009, 08:08 AM

Thank you very much for the reply.

I used the FWDN application last night and made some progress, but there is still a problem.

After doing the unbrick procedure, now, when I turn on the T10, I get the nice crayon coloured backdrop, but with the message "Please Upgrade RSC File"

And, no matter what I do, I can not get a computer (I've tried two Windows XP machines) to recognize the device in My Computer or Window Explorer. It's strange, because the computer does recognize that it is attached to the T10 when the power button is pushed down and the reset button is pushed, because the computer searches for the driver. I point the computer to the driver that is included in the FWDN app and it says the device is connected, but it just doesn't show up in my Computer or Windows Explorer. I've tried a dozen times and always the same result.

If I could just get the computer to show the T10 as a storage device, I could resolve the RSC file thing.

Also, I have to push the reset button on the T10 to get off the Reset RSC File screen.

I'm wondering if the problem is with the FWDN application. It seems to work will with the P2 according to the posts in the unbrick thread. Is there a tweak I need to do that is not mentioned in the unbrick thread?

I would really appreciate any advice on resolving this problem. I feel like I'm almost there.

Last edited by TaperChuck; 11-04-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 AM

**UPDATE**

I solved the problem. I flashed my T10 with the P2 software and it came to life.
After I got it to come up as a storage device in Windows, I loaded the 3.07 firmware on it and all is good.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaperChuck View Post
**UPDATE**

I solved the problem. I flashed my T10 with the P2 software and it came to life.
After I got it to come up as a storage device in Windows, I loaded the 3.07 firmware on it and all is good.

So how much did you pay for this Dud T10..?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdisk View Post
So how much did you pay for this Dud T10..?
$12.50

Old 12-07-2009, 02:32 PM

I had the same problem with the recognition of the device.
I googled for hours and finally found it.
In the control panel you should have something like SYSTEM , click on it and you'll get a windows pop up. there you go to HARDWARE an there should be something like your devices manager, something that lists up all the hardware on your pc.
once he list shows up, you'll see the tree with every single hardware device installed on your pc.
now you choose from the menu bar VIEW and show hidden devices or something like that.
the devices which are listed and transparent are inactive devices. delete them and your pc will recognize your Samsung T10 again.

sorry for the technical terms but i'm using windows xp german so the translation may suck from term to term.

anyways, hope it'll solve your problem.