android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung T10

Old 12-08-2009, 08:15 PM

Unhappy After Disassembling T-10 cannot manage to assemble it!!!

hi to all,

I have T-10Q 2GB with 3,06 US firmware...

Till yesterday it was perfectly working... But today when I turned on it has opened in LOCK mode( as a function of HOLD position )... that is mean that I could not do anything with it... Only I can do is to turning on & off...

Then I made my mind to disassemble it in order to see what happens inside ? After a short searching on Youtube I got all the information about the disassembling. Then I just did it. I just repaired it. It really works fine again...

But please note that anyone who would like to disassemble this machine should have to know that he/she never gonna be assembled it again... Because of its design there is only one way to go...So it means ejecting mechanicsm is just for the disassembling not also for assembling...

At the end I am upset...
Now I'd like to buy silicon cover for it..
Are there anyone who has another suggestion for me?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 AM

If it can't be assembled again I think you can only try using a crystal or a silicon case.

Anyway if you can't assemble it can you please post scans/photos of the T10's hardware?

Old 12-14-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu1084 View Post
If it can't be assembled again I think you can only try using a crystal or a silicon case.

Anyway if you can't assemble it can you please post scans/photos of the T10's hardware?
So thanx for reply....
I am also about to buying a silicon case to cover it...
there has been disassembled also recorded by someone and uploaded to youtube... just watch it..

Old 12-28-2009, 04:12 AM

I just took apart a T10 I've had lying around that has a broken LCD. I'll note a couple of things:

1) After you've removed the front cover, there's a screw on the right side, next to the slot that holds the cable from the front panel, that has to be unscrewed if you want to totally remove the logic board. That isn't shown in the video. (Maybe the video maker forgot to put the screw back in the previous time he disassembled it.)

2) You can remove the LCD assembly without removing the logic board or the battery from the case. You basically just peel it off.

3) You can replace the logic board in the case if you snip off the plastic post that's near the bottom of the case and between the headphone and USB port openings. As far as I can tell, it has no essential function. The screw that normally goes through it from the back seems to hold without it.

4) The one part of reassembly that I haven't mastered is getting the ribbon cable from the front panel back into the connector on the logic board. I have the same problem, but worse, with the Sansa Fuze, of which I have several that I need to reassemble. It's very frustrating.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons510 View Post
I just took apart a T10 I've had lying around that has a broken LCD. I'll note a couple of things:

1) After you've removed the front cover, there's a screw on the right side, next to the slot that holds the cable from the front panel, that has to be unscrewed if you want to totally remove the logic board. That isn't shown in the video. (Maybe the video maker forgot to put the screw back in the previous time he disassembled it.)

2) You can remove the LCD assembly without removing the logic board or the battery from the case. You basically just peel it off.

3) You can replace the logic board in the case if you snip off the plastic post that's near the bottom of the case and between the headphone and USB port openings. As far as I can tell, it has no essential function. The screw that normally goes through it from the back seems to hold without it.

4) The one part of reassembly that I haven't mastered is getting the ribbon cable from the front panel back into the connector on the logic board. I have the same problem, but worse, with the Sansa Fuze, of which I have several that I need to reassemble. It's very frustrating.

Its depends on what type of Ribbon socket is use some are just a pushin, some use a click type lock and some use a spring type lock, cable clamp lock that is.

I have a 2 very small duckbill flat nose pliers, that just have a very smooth serface, I use it with other stuff to hold the cable when I push it in, one brand is a Swedish Linstrom the other one has no brand namme.

http://www.lindstromtools.com/index.htm

These are not cheap tools.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:25 PM

just a quick message by me (owner of T10 8GB white):
i havent disassembled my T10 yet, but.. i have disassembled a dead T10, i.e. a T10 which looks like a T10 but when you have in your hands you instantly realize that all the inner electronic parts are not there/have never been built in from factory, except for the interface electronics board.

just quick message.

dont open or try to open the t10.
it is impossible to open it without destructing the holding parts (unless u hav some really special opening tool).
the guy in the video clip did it the wrong way: lifting the upper plastic sheet with a screw driver from the side WILL destroy/break/destruct all the holding parts (which are glued to the 'aluminium' (the back sheet).

the upper sheet must be moved in direction of the Hold-button (arrow) about 10mm, and then can be lifted without resistance. but how do you move it in that direction?

i told you.

it is impossible WITHOUT breaking nothing. why? because the t10 is meant to be all tight (high quality) and firm.

I've got another dead (=empty) T10.. but practicing is over. With no special toolkit, doesnt make sense. i dont want to break neither that one nor my original T10.