android
Old 06-17-2010, 10:09 AM

Default O2 price collapse

I just now considered getting an O2, also thinking that a new one is coming; I thought it might actually be the (troubled) V5. The price for the O2 at amazon is totally collapsing, just in the last weeks the 16 GB version has gone down from 200$ to 140$ (but hardly at all on the S9), which looks to me like they're clearing it out.
Can anyone of you tell me who had the O2 for a long time how you liked it as far as usability and toughness is concerned? I heard somewhere the O@ breaks real easy, something I never heard about the S9; is that true?
I'd also be interested if anybody has views on whether the S9 at 180$ is really the well better deal as far as image quality, UI, responsiveness and general annoyance level is concerned.
Thanks for any opinions...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Help V5 the new O2?

I just now considered getting an O2, also thinking that a new one is coming; I thought it might actually be the (troubled) V5. The price for the O2 at amazon is totally collapsing, just in the last weeks the 16 GB version has gone down from 200$ to 140$ (but hardly at all on the S9), which looks to me like they're clearing it out.
Can anyone of you tell me who had the O2 for a long time how you liked it as far as usability and toughness is concerned? I heard somewhere the O@ breaks real easy, something I never heard about the S9; is that true?
I'd also be interested if anybody has views on whether the S9 at 180$ is really the well better deal as far as image quality, UI, responsiveness and general annoyance level is concerned.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixer View Post
Well, despite the overall non-impressive OS, you do get used to the way you operate the player. A few extra clicks, but overall, you shouldn't be discouraged due to that.

I have a plastic outer case that came with mine, and it has saved my player many times. I think I have dropped it over 3 times from about 3-4 feet. Keeps on tickin'. I am sure it all depends on where it lands and how it lands, but mine still works well for over a year and a half with this device. Video nearly every day!

I think if you plan on MP3-ing more than AVI-ing, the S9 is for you. The AMOLED is by far and away the most impressive screen out there. If it is just for overall image quality, and player quality, the S9 I am sure is better.

If you want features, the O2 has the SD card slot which the S9 does not have. Battery life on the O2 is close to 8 hours on Video, and 18 for music, and at least double those figures for the S9. The S9 came out after, and does seem less annoying than the O2 for OS issues.

If you want to snatch one up for the future, go right ahead. It is mainly a video player than an MP3. Most use it for video.

Hope it helps!
Sandisk Sansa e280R - v1.0 + 2 ea (2 GB MicroSDHC)
Creative Zen Nano Plus (1GB)

Old 10-16-2010, 10:11 AM

The O2 review wasn't good here so I'd be leery even at $120-$140.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36714

Is there a J3 review yet? That sounds better.