android
Old 08-04-2010, 11:34 AM

Default unbrick iaudio 9

Updating firmware failed. My device is dead, reset doesn't work, no usb charging.
I read about tcctools for iaudio 6/7 or d2 / s9, It's possible to use tcctools on I9?
There is another way to unbrick it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Works on the i9 now.

Edit: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37160

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 04-01-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:07 AM

googling "tcctool cowon j3" I found the solution, j3 and i9 are pretty similar. Thankyou for your help

Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 AM

masufasu great to hear, if you're up to it post up your experience and steps, we can stick the thread when fine tuned and share with others.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-19-2010, 02:07 PM

Hurray, I was able to unbrick my 16GB Cowon iAudio9 (i9) using Tcctool and following the instructions given in this thread on the iaudiophile forum! Thought I'd share this experience and add a few comments:

I had encountered the dreaded startup freeze with the red progress bar stuck at 1/5 of it's length. Resetting wouldn't help, as the player would just start over and freeze again at the same point.

So here are some observations while following the instructions from aforementioned thread:

- Each time you boot up your player in order to connect to Tcctool, don't forget to press and hold both the "play" and "volume up" button. This is the normal way to enter test mode and the screen will stay black if you do it right. Note that a frozen i9 with its stuck progress bar will also be in test mode and Tcctool will seem to work correctly. However, for unknown reasons I was not able to unbrick the player in this mode. I discovered that it is crucial that you enter normal test mode by holding both buttons at startup.

- Use firmware version 1.14 for unbricking, or if that doesn't work use the last working firmware version you had on your player. I tried Tcctool with several different firmware versions, but only got success with 1.14, the last working version I had on my i9 before it froze.

- Use cowons9 not cowons9small with Tcctool for the 16GB i9.

Apart from that, just go with the instructions and you should be fine. Good luck!

(Thanks to joecool and everybody else who contributed to these threads!)

Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
Hurray, I was able to unbrick my 16GB Cowon iAudio9 (i9) using Tcctool and following the instructions given in this thread on the iaudiophile forum! Thought I'd share this experience and add a few comments:

I had encountered the dreaded startup freeze with the red progress bar stuck at 1/5 of it's length. Resetting wouldn't help, as the player would just start over and freeze again at the same point.

So here are some observations while following the instructions from aforementioned thread:

- Each time you boot up your player in order to connect to Tcctool, don't forget to press and hold both the "play" and "volume up" button. This is the normal way to enter test mode and the screen will stay black if you do it right. Note that a frozen i9 with its stuck progress bar will also be in test mode and Tcctool will seem to work correctly. However, for unknown reasons I was not able to unbrick the player in this mode. I discovered that it is crucial that you enter normal test mode by holding both buttons at startup.

- Use firmware version 1.14 for unbricking, or if that doesn't work use the last working firmware version you had on your player. I tried Tcctool with several different firmware versions, but only got success with 1.14, the last working version I had on my i9 before it froze.

- Use cowons9 not cowons9small with Tcctool for the 16GB i9.

Apart from that, just go with the instructions and you should be fine. Good luck!

(Thanks to joecool and everybody else who contributed to these threads!)
I have this brick issue now on my iAudio 9 (just a few days old).
Can anyone help me with this part:
"Each time you boot up your player in order to connect to Tcctool, don't forget to press and hold both the "play" and "volume up" button. This is the normal way to enter test mode and the screen will stay black if you do it right"

How to press the play button on this player? it's on the touchpad which is black. Can someone be even more specific. I get this fix to work until the tcctool startup. It startsup but with a scambled screen... Please assist!!

Old 11-19-2010, 02:30 PM

Good to see you managed unbricking your i9 without me.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Good to see you managed unbricking your i9 without me.
Yeah thanks, though I think it would have taken you half the time.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:22 PM

your most welcomed james44 (Who Am I?) from iAudiophile