android
Old 12-05-2010, 09:37 PM

Default Winamp for Android?

Anyone try Winamp for Android on their Archos device?
http://www.winamp.com/android

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I just put it on my 32. Haven't had a chance to look deeply into it, but on quick look I don't see any features the standard Archos Music app doesn't have.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Try powerAMP on your Android Archos device,....the EQ alone is worth the manual install time.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:25 PM

The Winamp app should allow use of the Shoutcast listings which is why I would be interested since the college I work at has a station listed there and it would provide an easy way for students to find it. If you desire search for Supermix or Onondaga (or both) and it should pop up in the search. If not you can manually add it (assuming it has a play url option) of http://stream.supermix.us:8000 and it is an AAC+v2 stream. I also have a quicktime stream (actually two of them) but I'm not sure if it can be played on an Android device.

Please note, if you go to supermix.us that I do not control the website and have nothing to do with updating it.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:13 AM

Hi. I'm kinda new to using archos 5 and the android interface is fairly new to me as well. I've always used winamp on my computer and wanna get winamp for android on my archos as well and am having trouble. If its not an issue can some please give me a step by step on how to get it onto my archos?

Old 12-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipun6 View Post
Hi. I'm kinda new to using archos 5 and the android interface is fairly new to me as well. I've always used winamp on my computer and wanna get winamp for android on my archos as well and am having trouble. If its not an issue can some please give me a step by step on how to get it onto my archos?
i think you need 2.1 and up to use winamp and the archos 5 only has 1.6

Old 01-30-2011, 01:28 PM

Just thought I would update this... As of the current beta version of Winamp, it will not find aac+ streams in the Shoutcast search and there is no way to enter streams manually. Otherwise it mostly works on firmware 2.0.71 but does not stream most stations on 2.1.02, the only streams that seem to work at the ones hosted from AOL.