android
Old 01-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Samsung Moderator

Default Firmware 1.34 for Q3

Here is new minor firmware for the Q3.

Download firmware 1.34 (you can also download it in attachment)

Improvements:
-System stabilization

How to upgrade firmware: Download the firmware, extract the archive, put the Q3.BIN file at the root of your player (the root is where all main folders are: music, video, system, pictures etc...), disconnect the player. Turn it on, it will automatically upgrade the firmware. You can check the firmware version in settings>system>about.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Q3_V1.34.zip (14.19 MB, 98 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-10-2011, 11:29 AM

Hello - I just updated my YP-Q3 from firmware version 0.90 to 1.34 as I was getting poor battery life on video, and noticed a few bugs/changes. I placed the .BIN file into the root directory, unmounted it from the USB correctly, let it switch off then powered on while it updated. The device announced it to be a successful update. The issues I'm having are as follows:

a.
The brightness levels are out of order, and change each I time turn it on; i.e. level 1 can be dark, level 2 bright, level 3 dark, level 4 bright, level 5 dark, etc;
b. the brightness graduation is not smooth between levels, i.e. the brightest two levels are far brighter than the bottom 3;
c. there are missing menu skins:
- pre-flash there was black, blue, pink skin, custom skin, and some childlike skin;
- post-flash there are only black, pink, and custom skin.

I liked the blue skin, and wouldn't mind so much if that was still there. All functions seem to work so far, but I suppose I'll flash with 1.31 and see if that fixes it the other issues.

Last edited by RJK; 04-10-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: grammar

Old 04-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hi,
The issue is probably your original firmware: 0.90 is a beta pre-commercial firmware that only people working at Samsung and some others like me are supposed to have and use.
That also means you have a pre-commercial unit and not a commercial one.
Could you please take a picture of the back of your Q3 and tell me how you got it?

So:
-The blue menu has been removed in the commercial firmware
-I don't have the other bugs (brightness) in fw 1.34 on a commercial unit. There may be two reasons: 1) the commercial firmwares (above 1.00) are not fully compatible with the hardware of your unit 2) Your Q3 did not like the upgrade from a very old fw to the latest one.

Next firmware should be released in 1 or 2 days but I don't think it will fix your issues.

Last edited by lebellium; 04-10-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:45 PM

Hi, thanks for getting back to be so quickly. I was wondering if it was that; I should have asked for advice before flashing originally perhaps.

No worries, happy to take some photos:
http://www.users.on.net/~russ/DSCN0788.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/~russ/DSCN0789.jpg

I originally bought it from ebay, and it came in a box pictured here:
http://tinyurl.com/3opvxye [ebay.com] described as 'unwanted gift'.

Was there a reason they removed the blue skin? I found it more visible than the black, and less girly than the pink

Old 04-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Samsung Moderator

Ok so I confirm this is a pre-commercial sample from Samsung Korea (not the normal box and no information about the model, the memory capacity and no serial number on the back)

I cannot understand how the ebay seller got it ("unwanted gift" let me laugh...) but he probably paid €0 for it and made 100% profit margin... If you bought it recently I advise you to give it back to the seller and get a refund..

I think the screen panel on your Q3 differs from the one used for mass production and that may explain why you face some brightness issues.

I don't know why they removed the blue menu (I'll ask the Product Manager, that's a good question) but you can find some UCIs here:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=60156

Old 06-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Was there a reason they removed the blue skin? I found it more visible than the black, and less girly than the pink
A bit late but I finally got the answer! They removed the blue menu to shorten the system loading time

Old 12-08-2012, 03:23 PM

Default Hi

Hi there.

Is this the latest version? My Q3 has 1.31.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Samsung Moderator

No, check the sticky threads

Old 04-12-2011, 12:04 PM

Thanks for taking the time to look at that.

I'll have to ask the seller where they got it; unfortunately the 45 days claim back period had elapsed about 4 days ago so I can't force them. Not to worry, it was only 22 and it otherwise functions normally from what I can tell. Also the battery life appears better after flashing with video going for ~3 hours and down to one bar.

Those UCIs are much nicer, I wonder if they'll let us make our own.

Tags
1.34, firmware, q3, samsung, yepp, yp-q3