android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Insignia > Insignia Sport

Old 05-09-2011, 10:28 PM

Default NS-2V17 Won't Turn On, Won't Charge, New battery and nothing

well let me first start by saying that music is one of the only good things in my life and i mean that in the most literal serious way possible. About 2 weeks ago for no reason my mp3 player decided to just stop working. I mean it had always had probs. like i would turn it on and it would say low battery so i would kinda push down on where the battery was and all was fine. But then it just kinda stopped working all together.

When i got home from school i immediately plugged it in to my comp. well it turned on so i let it charge until it said it was done. I unplugged it and it turned on and said rebuilding media libraries, after 15 minutes of waiting i held the power button till it turned off. So then i tried turning it on again, and again it froze. So i have always known that any and all things with rechargeable batteries have limited lifes they can only be charged so many times, and i have had this one a while. So i bit the bullet and bought a new battery.

2 weeks of obscenely agonizing hell slowly went by until the battery got here and i got it, luckily it was the right one. I noticed it said upon first use this battery must be fully charged or something like that, fair enough most rechargeable's come with some type of disclaimer like that. So i plug it in, get my weak hopes up, and BAM!!!!! NOTHING F**KING HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in a nutshell i waited 2 weeks of pure hell for nothing, music is such a huge part of my life i cant even really put it into words. I have so much music and stuff on there that is irreplaceable, i dont care if i have to send it to someone to get it off. I am just totally screwed at this point or what. And before anyone asks, because it is almost always the first reply, no it dont charge when i plug it in, no it dont turn on when i plug it in, no it dont turn on when it ain't plugged in. plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz give me some good news guys.

I read alot of posts here from others and i have alot of faith in you guys and i really trust that if someone can help me it will prolly be u guys. plz help anyone, thank you in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-15-2011, 10:21 PM

Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!! Bump!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2011, 04:53 PM

So does it not even make a connection to the computer and show up as a storage drive? Did it connect to the computer with the old battery? Do you still have to old battery to try connecting it to the computer. With my old Pilot it would still connect to the computer even though the battery wouldn't hold a charge.

Other than that, I have nothing else to offer except for this bit of advice: Always, always, always keep a back up of your music. Keep it on your hard drive, a portable hard drive, a flash drive, DVD's, whatever (the more the better). As you've learned, the last thing you want to happen is to have the player peter out on you and lose all your tunes!

These players have been discontinued for at least a good 2 years and most people have moved on, so this board doesn't get a lot of activity, but hopefully someone can come along and help ya out!

Tags
broken, dead, ns-2v17, wont charge, wont turn on