android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze > Sansa Fuze Rockbox

Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 PM

Default My Rockboxed Fuze "crash" when I start to transfer music from PC

I have recently buy a SansaDisk Fuze V1. I have also put RockBox on it.

As first, when I connect to the PC, sometimes I see the window with somethings like "Device have some error. Do you want to analyse and correct them?".

I try correct them, and it says there are no errors (???).

Now, when I start to move files from pc to fuze, after some minuts the device looks like "it is not connected". The transfer fails, and I also cannot remove the device as "safe" (on Computer, if I click on the device, I open a empty folder). It looks like the DAP shutdown when is connected to my computer :O
I have windows professional 7 32bit.

Also, when the Fuze "crash", for start it I need to press the Power button for many seconds (4-5), I see a black text (somethings like loading firmware; it's too fast to read what is written. Is there an error log on Rockbox?) and then It start...
When is connected I say a USB photo and a text "USB Keypad Mode : Multimedia" (but this shouldnt matter)

I also see that, when I connect on PC, I see (on Computer) two new device : SANSA FUZE (I and another Removable Device (J (which I can't open)

What's happening? How can I solve this problems?

Last edited by djfonplaz; 10-02-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-02-2011, 03:45 PM

I've also think about hardware problems (maybe the memory or the device are damaged), but its not my case : I've removed RockBox and I'm returned to the original Sansa OS; Tried to transfer file from PC to Device and there aren't any problems.

So, the troubles are with RockBox : where am I wrong?

Also notice that transfer on RockBox is very Slow than Original firmware. Maybe it is going as MSC instead of MTP? How can I swap to it?

EDIT : seems that this is a common problem for this DAP. Damn, hope in a solution! Do you know?

Last edited by djfonplaz; 10-02-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: added some details

Old 10-10-2011, 06:53 PM

Even with Rockbox installed there's still a way to use the original Sansa firmware for the USB transfer:

When using Rockbox: Have the left directional button (on the wheel) pressed down when connecting. Wait until you can see the Sansa USB-connection screen and release the button. When disconnection it will still have the sansa firmware loaded, since it has to refresh the file database.

You can then switch off the fuze and restart it with Rockbox running.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:05 AM

Yeah I found this tip some days ago! It works, but I'd like to transfer my files with rockbox "interface"! Hope in a "bug-fix" sooner

Do you have the same problem? Thanks for the answer.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:17 AM

I have the same problem. I think I saw a patch at rockbox.org. But I'd wait for the next full firmware releast. I believe it will certainly be fixed with the coming version.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 AM

Nice! Can you let me know when the firmware is out?

Old 10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Administrator

I doubt waiting for a release version is going to make much difference. I can't know what any of the developers are working on but considering USB is working on the V1 Fuze I doubt there's much going into that.

It may not be working properly for you but I just tested both the release version, 3.9.1, and the current build, r30740, on my V1 Fuze and they both connect, stay connected and transfer files in both directions with no problems for me. I boot it, connect it, it's recognized and I'm able to transfer files. Nothing crashes and it doesn't disconnect on it's own.

If the developers are having the same results it wouldn't seem likely they're reworking anything. That would mean it's doubtful that whatever problem you have will be fixed in the release. If there was a fix it would go into the current build not be held until a release.

The Rockbox forum thread you added onto seems to be a months old bug report involving release 3.9. The current release is 3.9.1 so adding a report onto there will most likely be ignored. It's like reporting a bug in Win95 to Microsoft.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM

I meant this patch:

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/11664?type=4

But it has some problems, so I would refrain from using it atm. There's also already a bug report:

http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/...rom=&closedto=

Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Administrator

If you want to have someone take a look at what's going on you would need to deal with what's current, not old releases or patches that don't apply to the target being discussed here, the V1 fuze.

FS#11664 is the patch that enables USB support in AMS V2 targets where USB support is currently disabled. Doesn't have anything to do with the V1 Fuze.

That bug report is for release 3.8.1 and 3.9. I had the same problems with builds around that time. 3.9.1 has since been released. I see one other report that was added a few days ago. That was after no one else reported that same issue in couple of months. Just a guess but if a developer sees that report and has a V1 Fuze or asks to someone check theirs and no problems are reported they would probably assume user error.

My results with that are just what I said here. If you are having repeatable problems you need to report it as a bug. Nobody works on unreported problems. I don't know what could be done if others aren't experiencing the same problems. I don't think they would be able to work on a bug if everyone else connects reliably and you don't.