android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi

Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 AM

Unhappy Problems W/ Transferring from Linux machines to/from Windows XP/Vista/7 machines....

first of all i am a person who is always finding new music but my computer's hdd space is usually not going to last or the whole computer just breaks. i have been finding more and more problems with MTP devices (at least the all ones that i have had, which is quite a few ) ..... the 1 i hate the most is that when i transfer music from ether a linux machine 1st or a windows machine 1st the other can't read it as music, it reads it as "other files", but my zen x fi can (usually) see everything that both machines put on it.... . so im wondering if there is a way get a stand alone (or portable) app that uses the libmtp like found in linux insted of the windows media player's mtp support so i can make it be the same on all computers

i also want to mention i usually use Ubuntu Linux for my operating system, i only want the Stand-a-lone for when im on a Windows machine running Windows XP/Vista/7... any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
creative zen x-fi, cross-platform, music management