android
Old 10-29-2011, 07:36 PM

Default Sony Walkman NWZ-S764. Anybody have one?

Hi everybody, new to the forums here but just made an account to ask if anybody owns this particular NWZ-S764 model.

I LOVE Sony Walkmans and own a Sony Walkman E455, but it unfortunately suffered a massive drop and is now damaged. I'm looking to buy another walkman and the S764 really intrigued me mainly because of it's attractive looking Bluetooth Wireless Headset, yet, I haven't seen many reviews or stores selling this particular model at all!

There is always the official Sony store, but living here in New Zealand (located just underneath Australia, just so you know ) the prices are steep ... VERY steep. S764 at the NZ Sony store costs the equivalent of $230 USD.

Does anybody actually own this model and what are their thoughts on it? Also, would anybody happen to know any cheaper places to purchase this that are able to ship to NZ? I tried eBay, but no avail.

Thanks.

Last edited by danlpx; 10-29-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Irrelevant information, grammar mistakes.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2011, 02:04 PM

I'd like to bump this to ask if anyone has even looked at one.
My local Sony store doesn't have them in stock.
I'd like to know if they actually come with a headphone jack or if it's bluetooth only. Can't find a picture of the bottom of one to tell.
It would be nice to know if the S is any better than the E or if it's just the bluetooth that makes it more expensive.

Anyone seen one yet?

Old 11-06-2011, 10:40 PM

Not here in Canada. I'm starting to wonder if they've actually released that model.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 PM

Default Decided to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I'd like to bump this to ask if anyone has even looked at one.
My local Sony store doesn't have them in stock.
I'd like to know if they actually come with a headphone jack or if it's bluetooth only. Can't find a picture of the bottom of one to tell.
It would be nice to know if the S is any better than the E or if it's just the bluetooth that makes it more expensive.

Anyone seen one yet?
I couldn't resist so I just went to the Sony Store and got one. It's really, really nice. Regarding your question of whether the walkman has a headphone jack or not, YES it does. So you can have the option of using your normal headphones if you prefer not to pair with the bluetooth ones.

There is one downside to this headset is that the headphone cord is built into the bluetooth device itself, so I can't replace my earphones if the built-in headphones break (which is a real shame).

Other than that, it's a very good package, and I really love this headset! It is very compact and very tangle free.

If anyone has other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.