android
Old 11-22-2011, 01:01 AM

Default Hot enough to cook something -Vision M

I wonder if someone could tell me why my Vision M (30GB) gets so hot while charging? It won't start, the battery won't take a charge (USB or wall socket) but when I leave it plugged in the mother board gets scorching hot. I'd really like to get my data off the hard drive, but it won't start. Does anyone have any suggestions? A reseller of Motherboards on Ebay (Chinese, I think) believes it's the board, but can't say for sure. I love this player. The copper strip in the last photo gets so hot you can hardly touch it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vision M pic 2.jpg (91.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Vision M pic 1.jpg (73.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Vision M pic 3.jpg (89.6 KB, 5 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 AM

Can't you just find some zif to IDE converter and move your data on your computer?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:14 AM

Thanks, MatnaM. Is there a program needed? I found something like you suggested on the net (http://www.addonics.com/products/aat18.php), but can I plug it into a USB port and then run a program (Win Vista) and save it to the HDD? Also, is the heat a sign that the motherboard is cooked? Thanks for your idea.
Cheers!
Kevin

Old 11-22-2011, 11:15 AM

Well, I've had a bit of experience but on an iPod mini *waits for the ABI forumers' screams* I actually bought two mini's which had the same problems as yours. turns out it was the mainboard that was giving me heat issues. my Mini also became hot when I plugged it in through the pc and the LCD bled when it became hot enough. I solved the issue this year by buying another mini, extracted the mainboards from both minis, put the newly-bought board on the old body, and modded it with compact flash and the battery(after-market) that I bought for the old mainboard. It solved my problems but now I'm looking to buy a ZVM for video capabilities. If it helps, buy another battery and see if that solves your problems, but IMO it's the board that's gone bad.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:27 AM

Default Thanks for the advice...

Yep, probably is the motherboard. When I remove the battery and just run from the wall plug it gets smokin' hot I'll post back and let you know after I get a new board. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:52 AM

Good luck on your ZVM. Hopefully I'll get mine just in time for Xmas and then when I get a job next year, I can MOD it to Compact Flash or SSD.