android
Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Help Fuze+ Formatting and file issues

I recently bought a Fuze+ 8GB, and after I was unsuccessful in putting music on it using the WMP sync function, I thought I'd put it in MSC and do it that way. But when I try to delete music or add music, it will get stuck. I actually completed a transfer once, but half of the folders I copied ended up empty. So I decided to format, but Windows gives me a message saying that it cannot complete the format. Should I return this seemingly defective device, or is there a simple solution?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

I'd check the file system for errors. Leave it in MSC mode and use the Windows error checking utility in the drive properties menu. Unless a drive has been physically damaged file system corruption has been the cause of a Windows format not completing for me.

If Windows finds and corrects any errors I'd use the SDFormatter to format the player after that. The Windows format utility doesn't format flash memory for optimum performance.

If all that completes successfully I'd be sure to update to the latest firmware. No need for the buggy Sandisk updater. Just follow the directions for a manual update here.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:40 PM

I had already updated the firmware using the Sandisk updater, so it's a little late for that. But I did try your other suggestions, and after an error check, it found problems and fixed them, however, when I open the SD Formatter, it shows that my drive is not supported. And Sandisk's website is down. This is very frustrating.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Administrator

If you've already updated the firmware you shouldn't have to do that again. I'm more comfortable formatting a player a single time during the first setup with the SDFormatter but there's no absolute need to do that.

The simplest way to find if fixing the file system issues was effective is to drag a few files on it and see if they show up after the firmware update. How you transfer the files is up to you. Drag and drop works in MTP or MSC mode.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:26 PM

I just returned it and got a brand new one, no problems with this one.

However, I can't figure out how to get it to play through my Xbox. I'm stumped. Off to search the forums.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Glad you got one that works. Don't know if it's the same issue but someone was trying to play a Clip through their Xbox and the advice in this thread helped them.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:36 PM

Hmmm, I've tried all of that to no avail. Suppose I can contact SanDisk directly. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:58 PM

Actually, it does work now. It just takes about 2-3 minutes to load the songs and then it plays.