android
Old 01-10-2012, 12:23 PM

Help How to add Album Art?

Hi!

I have tried add album art to the music in my iriver e300 by adding it to the tags of the mp3s (according to the tutorial on http://lifehacker.com/231476/alpha-g...ii-+-album-art).

This sometimes works, but about half of the attempts have failed (the mp3-player doesn't show any album art). There hasn't been any difference in my music program (mediamonkey) between the attempts of adding album art to the mp3-tags that led to my mp3-player showing them and the attempts that didn't. This gave me the idea that the player might not be able to show all types of pictures. I also tried putting a picture named cover.jpg into one of the album folders, but this didn't word either.

Does anybody have an idea about why the player doesn't show the album art? And is there any more convenient way of adding album art than adding it to the tag of the mp3?

Thankful for help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There may be a size or resolution limit. Compare the details of the pictures that work and the ones that don't.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:52 PM

steinburger1109 is probably right. I have finally gotten around to fiddling with the non-displaying album art on my E 100, and both resolution and dpi seem to affect what I get on screen.

How do you like the E 300? My E 100 was a gift a few years ago now, and despite several disparaging reviews, here and elsewhere, I find it very convenient, way nicer than the Nano, and very durable, despite some less than ideal usage.

If you haven't looked through the forums much, there are some useful links to iriver-related sites.

Dan

Tags
iriver e300 album art